N.J. Gov. Chris Christie uses state helicopter to catch son’s baseball game

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
HACKENSACK, N.J. - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and his wife used a state police helicopter to swoop in and catch a few innings of their son’s baseball game in Montvale on Tuesday before flying off again.

Christie had no public schedule of events Tuesday, but said he needed to fly to Montvale.

"I came from a meeting and I’m heading to another meeting," Christie said before police drove him a short distance to the waiting helicopter. Both of those meetings were in Trenton, Christie said.

Boston Herald

HACKENSACK, N.J. - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and his wife used a state police helicopter to swoop in and catch a few innings of their son’s baseball game in Montvale on Tuesday before flying off again.

Christie had no public schedule of events Tuesday, but said he needed to fly to Montvale.

"I came from a meeting and I’m heading to another meeting," Christie said before police drove him a short distance to the waiting helicopter. Both of those meetings were in Trenton, Christie said.

Boston Herald

I don't get to concerned about this kind of thing. Right or wrong we have become a society of Imperial Presidents and Governors who feed at the public trough with impunity. I mean c'mon Pelosi makes Christie look like the Pope.

• Banned
Pelosi was third in line to the presidency. Her travel arraignments were made by the Sgt at Arms responsible for the safety of the Speaker of the House. There is a bit of a difference there.

I just find it a bit humorous that the party of financial conservatism uses a helo on the tax payer dime to see his high school kid play ball. Kind of like the party of family values tapping in the bathroom and hitting on the Congressional paper boys.

Politicians are a insidious group.

Palin should be wailing about the lame stream media ignoring this travesty.

Apparently NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has slabbered more at the Government Trough than Nancy Pelosi. I don't care if she were #3 in line to the Pope, President or the Duke of Dubuque Iowa her abuse is well documented.

Here's an idea, Let's have Chris Christie reimburse the state of NJ whatever number the GAO comes up with as a cost the very day after Nancy Pelosi repays her debt as determined by the same GAO audit, How would that be? After all fair is fair.

• Banned
I do not know what other abuse there was but as far as travel was concerned, the Sgt at arms made the arrangements. What ever abuses occurred, where theirs, not hers.

I do not know what other abuse there was but as far as travel was concerned, the Sgt at arms made the arrangements. What ever abuses occurred, where theirs, not hers.

You know not to put to fine a point on the issue but approximately 600 Germans used roughly the same argument at Nuremberg in 1946 and how did that exactly work out?

I call BULL SPIT, nice dog ate my homework excuse

• Banned
OH what a load of crap. You think the POTUS could tell the SS that he wants to step out alone for a while? She was third in line. She knows things that no one else should know. If the Sgt at arms who is responsible for the safety of Spkr of the House thinks that there is a threat, they will deal with it whether the Speaker or the POTUS likes it or not. To equate it with the murderers at Nuremberg is beyond disgusting.

You say I hate religion? I have never made such an analogy. You are the one who has hatred issues if you think that analogy has even a remote basis in relevance. Pathetic.

To blame the staff members for the blatant misuse of public funds by Ms Pelosi stretches the imagination. Number 3 in the country and it's the Bus Boys fault. What a Crock O Shirt. Blame shifting rat b*astards. Thought we were going to have hope and change? Apparently not!

That's typical of the left. The right on the other hand just does it and says "Over Look ir". Like I said when Pelosi returns the money, Christie should and I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Better still let's have a full blown investigation with special prosecutors and the whole she bang. See who gets indicted?

• Banned
Typical conservative BS. When the truth doe not work, say the other guy does it too, make up a few lies, and keep repeating then till people start believing it.

Chris Christie: ‘I Make No Apologies’ Regarding Use of NJ State Helicopter

Tonight, CNN’s Piers Morgan aired an interview with Christie in which the governor took on the issue and defended his use of the helicopter. He said, ”I make no apologies…I would not make a different decision if I had to do it again” (though he says he would pay for it next time).

My link

Christie Wins Key Pension Vote in New Jersey

Monday, 20 Jun 2011 03:42 PM

New Jersey's Democrat-controlled Senate on Monday approved changes to the state's pension and benefits system for public workers in what Republican Go. Chris Christie called a "watershed moment" of bipartisan cooperation.

Forcing teachers, police and other public workers to pay more toward future benefits and reduce the state's burden by potentially billions of dollars has been a top priority for Christie since he took office in 2010.

All I can say is "Welcome to the world of the people who pay your Salaries, glad to have you"

Back