Nationwide RENT STRIKE. 31%, Rent not paid and GROWING !

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This 'thing' is spreading life a California Wild Fire. A LOT of foolish people will YELL, " Evict the bast..ds ", BUT in an organized movement, it stands a G O O D chance of bringing cities(large and small) to it's knees. Shelters could most certainly be OVERRUN with folks Sick (or not, but Will become). If Covid goes into autumn or further, then what ?????

* Some of us have you on ignore so there are fewer people paying attention to your rantings

* Fiscally sound people don’t rent, so why do we care about people wrecking their credit history further?

* Who is the strike actually hurting?.... most rentals are owned by individuals. Not big companies.

This 'thing' is spreading life a California Wild Fire. A LOT of foolish people will YELL, " Evict the bast..ds ", BUT in an organized movement, it stands a G O O D chance of bringing cities(large and small) to it's knees. Shelters could most certainly be OVERRUN with folks Sick (or not, but Will become). If Covid goes into autumn or further, then what ?????
I guess I am foolish then because I say evict them.

Like eolsen said, most rentals are owned by everyday working people that worked years to pay for a house or had it left to them and invested money to attract a renter.

You are going to have to explain your position better because to me it sounds like you are condoning people getting something for nothing, or rather something at someone else's expense (the Democrat way), that had an agreement and signed a contract. Do you think it is OK to make a promise (contract) to someone and break it while continuing to use their property at their expense?

I think maybe you should reevaluate your stance on this.

Bears you think maybe politicians are pushing this nonsense (which is unconstitutional by the way) to draw attention away from their destructive policies?

How about instead of encouraging people not to pay rent they give landlords a tax break so they can lower rent?

The logical conclusion to that of course is they want to financially bust the land lords (many of whom live month to month just like the tenants).

Now ask yourself why they would want to do that. What would they have to gain by financially destroying landlords? Think on that then get back with me.

Bears you think maybe politicians are pushing this nonsense (which is unconstitutional by the way) to draw attention away from their destructive policies?

How about instead of encouraging people not to pay rent they give landlords a tax break so they can lower rent?

The logical conclusion to that of course is they want to financially bust the land lords (many of whom live month to month just like the tenants).

Now ask yourself why they would want to do that. What would they have to gain by financially destroying landlords? Think on that then get back with me.

La Li LU Le Lo,

I'm NOT saying that people should deliberately 'stiff' any landlord.
I'm saying that there are a shite-load of people who honestly can not pay, especially made worse by some states that pay dog-shite for unemployement. (Google to see the low 'max' rates that a lot of states pay out).
There are a zillion negative comments made on here about the homeless. Here's another exercise. Using 'rent.com' or 'zillow', go around the country and check-out the high price of renting these days. Even in the deep 'boonies', I was shocked to see, nationwide what there getting for a 2 bd. apartment. And as far as renters go, NOT everybody is on sec-8, and MANY people never qualify for a mortgage for a number of reasons !
ALL I am saying, is if Covid goes on for any length of time, and it easily could, BEWARE the after affects of this issue. I mean, United just said clearly, that it's going to lay-off 1/3 of its PILOTS. Lets-see(and I hope not), how many of these folks wind up unable to pay their mortgage.
I believe that this issue bare's close watching !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rent is high. However most landlords have to pay mortgage on that rental property, and insurance, and taxes, and repairs/maintenance. Their profit margin even with the high rent is slim. On top of that they also have to hope they don't get a horrible renter that refuses to pay and trashes their house.

Can you imagine paying a mortgage, taxes, and insurance for someone else to live in your house for free?

The larger question is why we as a nation are okay with paying people so little that they face losing their housing after only 1-2 months.

For many people, no matter the income, they spend it as fast as they make it.

Yeah, on silly things like rent, food, and utilities. Sometimes, they even throw caution to the wind and get things like new shoes for their kids. Wild.

Yeah, on silly things like rent, food, and utilities. Sometimes, they even throw caution to the wind and get things like new shoes for their kids. Wild.
The larger question is why we as a nation are okay with paying people so little that they face losing their housing after only 1-2 months.

During the first give back event at UAir, it wasn't uncommon to hear people concerned about losing their houses/cars,etc. I was shocked to hear guys I worked with complaining about debt collectors calling and so on. Everybody lives differently. It only got worse during successive givebacks/BK's. You wouldn't believe the amount of people I knew who took the suicide route, I'll never forget that.....I was a steward during all of that.
I know doctors and lawyers in the same financial boat. I also know people on the $10-15 an hour group who are fine.

The people who lose their housing after 2-3 months would most likely be in the same boat with a higher wage. Everybody wants all the high tech stuff first.

Human nature

Latest posts