NetJets confirms order for Hawker 4000 business jets

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/...+of+age+in.html

ACF11ED.jpg

There was a whisper that NetJets may move from CMH to RDU. Is this a strong arming tactic for more concessions from local gov't or a real possibility?
I think there is a very real possibility NetJets will move all or part of the operation to RDU. There is also a very real possibility they will stay in CMH. The deadline keeps moving but currrently they are supposed to announce their decision in March. They will do a very thourough evaluation of both cities and will do whats best for the company. I think that they will do there jobs and we will see what happens. I hope they stay in CMH.

As for the 4000 it is a really good looking airplane and has a huge upside. It will be interesting to see what the dispatch reliability is once it gets put into service. It will be a real challenge for all the old school avionics technicians out there.

I think there is a very real possibility NetJets will move all or part of the operation to RDU. There is also a very real possibility they will stay in CMH. The deadline keeps moving but currrently they are supposed to announce their decision in March. They will do a very thourough evaluation of both cities and will do whats best for the company. I think that they will do there jobs and we will see what happens. I hope they stay in CMH.

As for the 4000 it is a really good looking airplane and has a huge upside. It will be interesting to see what the dispatch reliability is once it gets put into service. It will be a real challenge for all the old school avionics technicians out there.

I think CMH is an ideal place for an operation like Netjets. Centrally located, large pool of competent labor, and probably not as noise sensitive as RDU. I'd love to see them come here but I can't see why they would.

NetJets is staying in CMH. A HUUUGE training facility is to be built to accommodate training.

26 sims...

NetJets is staying in CMH. A HUUUGE training facility is to be built to accommodate training.

26 sims...
Tha Hawker 4000 finally recieved it's certification last Friday. The last hurdle had something to do with AOA vane heat. Anyway it is finally done. If I am hearing correctly Netjets should get their first delivery in September and it should be in service by October. I understand there are a number of them finished and just sitting in ICT ready to go. They made a lot of changes that will make the plane more maintenance freindly so I think it will be a big improvement from the mehanics point of view. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Back