New #1 City

mga707

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
Here's an interesting (to some) bit of info gleaned from the new (October 26) timeatable: LAS has dethroned PHX as the #1 airport in terms of daily departures. With this schedule LAS has 184 daily (weekday) departures (up a couple from the last schedule), while PHX remains unchanged at 183.
BWI remains in 3rd place with 159, which will increase to 161 (two more BWI-HOU added) on Dec 1.

Fred Ziffel said:
Maybe I didn't receive the message in its entirety. I thought you had mentioned something about interesting info somewhere!

Post has been edited.
So sorry to have wasted those few precious seconds of your day...

Fred,

First of all, this sort of thing IS interesting to most of us who visit this site on a regular basis. Second, mga707 is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of this forum. If you look back through his posts, you just might learn a thing or two. Otherwise, why don't you just take your attitude over to airliners.net -- you'll fit right in over there with the whiny teenagers. :down:

LAS was an absolute zoo with SO CAL delays. Passengers everywhere. For anyone who thinks SWA is still a small airline I wish you could have seen the mass of humanity sprawled out everywhere. Burger King line was 30 minute wait. Pizza Hut out of pizzas. No room at the bar. Subway wait over 30 minutes and over $1.00 an inch! OUCH! I don't believe the screen showed 1 on-time flight for a 3 hour span. I wonder who the first city to 200 flights will be?

Just out of curiosity, how does LAS's weekend (esp. Saturday) schedule compare to other cities in the system? It seemed for a while that every press release about expanded service at a WN city included a Saturday nonstop to Vegas, but I get the impression that many of those have now gone to daily.

coolflyingfool said:
LAS was an absolute zoo with SO CAL delays. Passengers everywhere.
I'm sure PHX was the same on Sunday. Even here at TUS, with just 14 WN flights, they had a long line at the counter.
Unfortunately, when you lose a TRACON, and a large portion of your flights either come from or go to the affected area, you're going to have a mess.
Anyone hear whether the evecuated Miramar TRACON is up and running again? I'm assuming it didn't become toast from the fires.

AAG2000 said:
Just out of curiosity, how does LAS's weekend (esp. Saturday) schedule compare to other cities in the system? It seemed for a while that every press release about expanded service at a WN city included a Saturday nonstop to Vegas, but I get the impression that many of those have now gone to daily.
Your impression is correct. Currently, Detroit is the only city with a Saturday LAS nonstop that does not have nonstop service any other day of the week.
similarily, PHX has Sat-only nonstop service to Cleveland.

Back