new 738s at Mia

Status
Not open for further replies.

cltflyer1

Advanced
Jun 27, 2009
CLT/GSO
How many of the new 738's will be going to Mia and what kind of routes will they put on if any go their. Any chance of seeing them back on mia-clt, mia-ind and others that were downgraded.

You will probably see them in MIA last. I.E. not anytime soon. They are going every place but MIA.

It is my understanding that all the deliveries this year are "going to ORD." Now, that does not mean that ORD gets all that flying. As it was explained to me, all of them will begin or end the day in ORD or will pass through ORD each day.

For instance, we have heard (no confirmation) that at least one new 73 will overnight in STL. The first leg each day will be STL-ORD.

I have heard nothing about them converting the existing 73s to the 160 pax configuration.

It is my understanding that all the deliveries this year are "going to ORD." Now, that does not mean that ORD gets all that flying. As it was explained to me, all of them will begin or end the day in ORD or will pass through ORD each day.

For instance, we have heard (no confirmation) that at least one new 73 will overnight in STL. The first leg each day will be STL-ORD.

I have heard nothing about them converting the existing 73s to the 160 pax configuration.

All the acceptance checks are being done at ORD.

The plan is to convert the current 737 fleet to the new 160 pax configuration. It's either going to start latter this year or early next year. I honestly can't remember which.

I am more wondering if we will see 738's back in charlotte from Mia or start to see them from ord. We used to get a 1x daily 738 to mia for the end but due to gate space (2 gates for what was 5 now down to 3 destinations) and a m80 to dfw taking up one they just couldnt have another mainline flight in the morning

A/C substitution only. Scheduled to be a 757. AA doesn't want to mix the 2 types of 737's in MIA yet due to F/A staffing issues.

You're right, except AA says they are staying away from MIA untill the reconfiguration of the original 737's starts. Today's flight was an equipment substitution, not a scheduled flight to MIA. They have more value to keep them going into and out of ORD. The posted schedule in ops goes through the first quarter 2010 and makes no metion of MIA.

Tonight coming back to the airport in STL on the Metrolink, I saw a 737 (have no idea if old or new configuration) parked at the end of C concourse at one of the gates no longer used. I think they park planes there while they are being cleaned on an RON. Don't know if this is an OSO overnight or a regular. I tried looking in DECS at the possible destinations for a 73 flight from STL, but couldn't find any listed. Does anyone know if this is a regular at STL? If so, what route is it used on?

Status
Not open for further replies.