New AA Union Drive

Birdman

Veteran
Nov 14, 2003
A new AA grassroots union movement has begun. BTW, before anybody asks, I'm not a part of it and know nothing about it. Notices are being posted on bb's in our hangar. Association of Maintenance Professionals is their title. They even have a website:ampnational. org. Nothing like a new set of officers, rejection of the t/a, and a new union drive to shake things up.

A new AA grassroots union movement has begun. BTW, before anybody asks, I'm not a part of it and know nothing about it. Notices are being posted on bb's in our hangar. Association of Maintenance Professionals is their title. They even have a website:ampnational. org. Nothing like a new set of officers, rejection of the t/a, and a new union drive to shake things up.

I wonder if the TWU and company are going to let the same dead people vote like they did with AMFA.

OK - this is what our shop steward was talking about. He told us yesterday evening there would be a bunch of AMFA boys outside the gate picketing today. Evidently, the TWU is already resorting to lies.

I would be interested in hearing who is involved/leading in this effort - that was lacking on the new org's website - perhaps for good reason?

On the surface, it looks good after reading the Constitution - more info, please.

Praise the Lord and Pass the Cards.

I wonder if the TWU and company are going to let the same dead people vote like they did with AMFA.
... you don't suppose that preventing the dead and no longer employed/retired from "excercising their "voting rights" was the real reason behind the recent "data compromise", do ya?

... you don't suppose that preventing the dead and no longer employed from "excercising their voting rights was the real reason behind the recent "data compromise", do ya?

The thought never crossed my mind... <_<

OK - this is what our shop steward was talking about. He told us yesterday evening there would be a bunch of AMFA boys outside the gate picketing today. Evidently, the TWU is already resorting to lies.

I would be interested in hearing who is involved/leading in this effort - that was lacking on the new org's website - perhaps for good reason?

On the surface, it looks good after reading the Constitution - more info, please.

Praise the Lord and Pass the Cards.

Yes they did lie, the guys outside the gate tomorrow are from local 565 DFW, your local is aware of that because a call was made to they 3 weeks ago to let them know we were coming and this has nothing to do with AMP. We are there to try to get members to vote no!

As far as AMP goes you have said many times on this forum that the TWU needs to be replaced,it appears you are going to get one more chance my suggestion would be don't waste it, it may be your last!

Back