New and exciting project...

Hmm...I'm sure a story or two from an Intern traveling cross country and getting stranded somewhere where US doesn't fly into/out of should tickle your fancy.

Welcome to US Aviation by the way IntlShannon

Quote deleted by moderator per ops request that post be deleted......
leave!!! do not get tangled in the negative webs of this forum!!run away while you still have a chance!!! run!! run!!!run!! :eek: :eek: :eek: . no seriously ,welcome to usaviation. ;)

Just an observation-

The first time I read an internet solicitation for funny airline stories to be published in an upcoming book was around 15 years ago on USENET.

The latest on was a couple of months ago for a novel of some kind on another forum. The contributors had the promise of a free copy of the book (when published). Then and now, I believed the individuals were only doing this for their own amusement.

I’ll also add that there has been some rather odd activity from new posters here.

The first time I read an internet solicitation for funny airline stories to be published in an upcoming book was around 15 years ago on USENET.

The latest on was a couple of months ago for a novel of some kind on another forum. The contributors had the promise of a free copy of the book (when published). Then and now, I believed the individuals were only doing this for their own amusement.

Also...could you possibly cash a check for me and deposit to your bank account?

[/quote]Deleted see above....

Just ignore these rabble rousers but I do not blame them...I'm Junior compared to them on USAV and I do have to say I share their suspicions about US Airways corporate posting here belittling several Senior folks.

The best story I have is from my reservation days.

We took a call on the RSD desk (supervisor/cust service desk) from an Asian man who wanted to go to "Wachida". Now, being a proud people and not willing to ask the man where in the hell "Wachida" was. We used every resource would could muster. We had a very detailed National Geographic Atlas, we had the internet, the Travel Guide (or what ever that book was we had in res) and we had about 7 or so of the best minds that AA had to offer. Damned if we could figure out where the heck "Wachida" was.

Well, much to our dismay it appeared that we were beaten and would have to ask the man where the heck it was.

"Sir, I'm very sorry but can you tell us where "Wachida" is? We have looked all over and we have no idea where it is."

"I want to go to Wachida, Wachida Kansas."

"Wichita?"

"Yes, Wachida, Kansas."

"One moment sir, we will set that right up for you."

Just gotta love the language barrier. We had a really good laugh over that phone call.

The other story I have is about a lady named Rose.

I was just out of training class in reservations. Maybe a few weeks. Still had very little idea of what I was doing.

Rose called and told me that she had to go to "Waterloo" to bury her last son. As I recall, she was in her late 90's and had already buried her husband and 2 other sons. I knew we did not fly there and I had no idea what the heck I was doing so I got my help desk on the line and pieced a reservation together. I called the airport that we were going to fly her too and gave them a heads up. It was a long call as I remember it. I remember thinking that a mother should never have to bury a child, much less 3 and a husband. I don't know what ever happened to Rose. I hope she made it to where she had to go and I hope she never had endure more heart ache than she had already endured. I learned a lot from Rose that day.

The best story I have is from my reservation days.

and we had about 7 or so of the best minds that AA had to offer. Damned if we could figure out where the heck "Wachida" was.
OMG lord help and save us. If 7 of the best Minds AA has to offer work in reservations and have obtained that lofty goal as a reservations desk supervisor....we are in for one hell of a ride......Pleas tell me the best minds actually work in HDQ or on the ramp or at least in the legal team.

One of the best stories I have heard is from and ancient supervisor here that had worked for several airlines one of them being PAN AM.

Years ago he was commuting for JFK to MIA. He had a few to drink, an slept through the MIA stop and was awaken by the Screaming of Spanish. After some time, and help from an interpreter, he found out they were asking for his Pass Port which was still in MIA where he lived.

After several Hangups from his lovely wife who was NOT pleased (She assumed he was out with his buddies having a few) with the nature of the his call finally understood he was serious and forwarded his passport down to his location so he could get back home.

Of course, this story is much more entertaining when heard from it's source.

<SNIP> Sorry you feel that way, it isn't amusement as far as ha-ha , but it is a fun project that I have taken a lot of joy in helping be a part of. I didn't promise anyone anything, I just asked for help. You certainly don't have to, but thanks for reading my post.
I’m not much of a story teller, but check out the Galley Show thread on the US board. That thread’s been going on since April of last year and it's all rooted in the truth.

Back