New B/c Lie Flat For Business

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
AA says that 2006 will bring the new lie-flat business seat to all the 767's and 2007 will bring them to all the 777. The Flagship suites will be installed on the remaining 777 F/C. Now just waiting to see if there will be changes for the 757 as well.

With DEL and PVG coming on line next spring, it's a necessity... Glad to see the suites going fleet wide. We made the commitment to put crew rest on all the 777's, but didn't follow thru for the customer.... It's a scheduling pain in the butt to keep the subfleet which isn't really a subfleet routed, and a marketing failure when they don't show up on the routes where they're needed.

I wonder how much it cost to not install the pilot bunks when the 777's were delivered by Boeing, and the cost of scheduling problems since then.

Mach85ER said:
I wonder how much it cost to not install the pilot bunks when the 777's were delivered by Boeing, and the cost of scheduling problems since then.
[post="285143"][/post]​

As far as I know, all of our 777 deliveries came from the factory with pilot bunks -- lesson learned from the MD11, where we later added the bunks to what was the Atlantic fleet.

What I'm saying is we didn't follow thru with putting an equivilent facility in for the F customer.

I hope AA expands the number of Business Class seats on the 777's. The current 35 seats aren't enough. AA needs 50 or 60 seats like Air France or BA have on their 777 in C Class. With longer flights more people will upgrade and less passengers also lighten the plane.

JFK777 said:
I hope AA expands the number of Business Class seats on the 777's. The current 35 seats aren't enough. AA needs 50 or 60 seats like Air France or BA have on their 777 in C Class. With longer flights more people will upgrade and less passengers also lighten the plane.
[post="285228"][/post]​

Didn't AA's 747SPs have about 99 J seats? Now those were good upgrade odds. :D

It was doing DFW-NRT with 29 f/c 78 b/c and 78 m/c. That was with the 2 stand up bars in business class. When the bars were taken out and it switched to LHR configuration was changed slightly.

And my least favorite... those pigs had a nasty habit of crapping out in pairs when they moved over to JFK-LHR.... and that was with TW mechanics still doing the checks on them!

In 1991 I did a JFK-LHR Business Class trip and those were some of the best flights I had, the same crew each way too. Those SP's were like flying QE2's, they were also beautiful to look at in their silver, blue and gray. I only wished AA had kept then around a few more years. I will have very fond memories is those 2 SP's, they were special and unique since they flew the first AA routes to Tokyo and LHR. Only if 777's could be configured in a equally special way, 35 seats in C Class are to few, 50 sounds right. I was in Buenos Aires last February seeing 2 AA 777 leave for Miami with 90 minutes of each other, this route alone carries many paying F & C Class passengers.

JFK777 said:
[post="285228"][/post]​

AA is removing a row from biz class and putting in two rows of coach in it's place on the 777.

Former ModerAAtor said:
As far as I know, all of our 777 deliveries came from the factory with pilot bunks -- lesson learned from the MD11, where we later added the bunks to what was the Atlantic fleet.

What I'm saying is we didn't follow thru with putting an equivilent facility in for the F customer.
[post="285149"][/post]​

What I would like to see is the FA crew rest removed from the main deck and have it replaced with a crew rest in the overhead. That's what a lot of other 777 operators are doing. In it's place you can put two rows(five seats) each of coach seats. It would pay for it's self eventually.

Lie-Flat sounds great,but what is the configuration? Are they going from 6 to 5 across on the 767 & 7 to 6 on the 777? The 777 needs to add the number of seats it has, 35 is not enough, they need 50 seats.

I would like AA 777 business class to be the same as Singapore airlines on their 777-200ER's, 6 across; not to be confused with SIA's 777-200 & 777-300 with 7 across in business. I can't wait to see it.