New equipment codes for 757 and 767

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I've been noticing new codes for the 757 and 767 in DECS. B1 and B0 for some of the 757's and D1 for some of the 767's. Why the change and does anyone know what they stand for?

I've been noticing new codes for the 757 and 767 in DECS. B1 and B0 for some of the 757's and D1 for some of the 767's. Why the change and does anyone know what they stand for?

I think it may be related to scheduling certain 75/76's with the upgraded FMS navigation computer.

On the pilot workload side, it does a few things slightly better using the NAV mode, but is more work doing anything in the company comm mode. In layman terms, it's an upgrade from a 286 computer to a 486 computer.

The upgrade started years ago but was stunted by 9/11, not sure of the fleet percentage, but it's a minority.

I saw a 767-323 coded as a 76CP in decs, does it have something to do with the new IFE or something else?

It's to designate which are Pegasus FMS equipped and which aren't. Somehow, I still keep getting fleet change emails even though I haven't worked at AA for more than nine months...

Latest posts

Back