New Flt. Numbers

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
Was just wondering if the flight numbers will finally merge for us after the certificates merge in sep. since now 1-699 is west and 700-1999 is east, cuz it would be nice to get the single and low double digit flt. numbers going back over the pond like other international flights on every other carrier and mix up the damn 4 digit flight numbers instead of everything on the east being so highly numbered it's obnoxious and vise versa for the west and all the low numbers all the time, lets mix it up.

Was just wondering if the flight numbers will finally merge for us after the certificates merge in sep. since now 1-699 is west and 700-1999 is east, cuz it would be nice to get the single and low double digit flt. numbers going back over the pond like other international flights on every other carrier and mix up the damn 4 digit flight numbers instead of everything on the east being so highly numbered it's obnoxious and vise versa for the west and all the low numbers all the time, lets mix it up.

Agreed.

I think all of the low # ones such as 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 are all PHX-ORD. They should be PHL-LGW/FRA/XXX...

I'm sure there's got to be something better to focus on for the merger rather than freaking flight numbers. Who gives a rat's whether the flight is US1 or US9999 as long as it gets there.

Nit pick! :down:

I heard that they have to keep the west flight numbers as low as possible because ma and pa kettle can't count very high.

OMG . .aren't there other much more important issues out there to worry about??????

OMG . .aren't there other much more important issues out there to worry about??????

that's funny, doesn't seem like the people in the sandcastle are worried about anything--miserable on-time performance, lousy service, horrendous customer service, pilfering of luggage, lost luggage...the list goes on and on...

Maybe we can undo this meager merger...it doesn't seem to be working out.

There will always be 2 distinct airlines...East and West.

Doug Parker is way over his head. Pretty obvious...isn't it.

Ohhhh I'm sure something cooking up in the sandcastle besides there brains... IM SURE there's some big plan to make everything nice and pretty again.... UNDO THE MERGER?!?! THAT WOULD BE DISASTIRIOUS and impossible.... I don't want the merger undone at all, just get someone who knows what there doing to fix the problems and turn us around.... EVERYONE acts like it's so impossible and an airline has never turned around.... cmon no wonder it won't everyone's so negative.

Task Number 1 GET RID OF QIK/Shares. It sucked then, IT sucks now, and it will continue to suck in the future. Trying to make this piece of garbage work is never going to happen. When was the last "enhancement" We were told flifo was next , it still hasn't happened.

Task Number 2 Get someone who knows how to run an international operation in place asap. We need to straighten out this mess that Tempe's incompetence has created.

Task Number 3 Reconfigure the reconfigured AC back to previous seating configurations and put back the closets. Explain to me how removing FC seats is still giving our dwindling elite FF 's upgrading opportunities? Is this Tempe's version of addition through subtraction?

Task Number 4 Redo the fare structures. How can we have higher fares than the competetion and ours be non refundable and theirs are refundable... NO wonder we are losing VFF's.

Task Number 5 Get someone to run this company since the present cadre of clowns doesn't seem to get it. This is a customer service business , and we are not doing our job because Tempe took away our best tools and handed us crap.

Task Number 6 Stop the spin machine and do what you say you are going to do, but make sure you think it through , not the half assed method presently used by the Sandcastle.

I was thinking about booking a US/East flight, but I changed my mind because I'm offended by 4 digit flight numbers.

cuz it would be nice to get the single and low double digit flt. numbers going back over the pond like other international flights on every other carrier

Random knowledge: UA uses 800-999 for international flights (although some domestic legs feeding international could also use the same flight number)

Piney - That's basically what I was thinking...IF the flight gets there. Maybe they could work out some sort of system that evaluates the flight's on-time/completion rate and assigns it a number.

Task Number 1 GET RID OF QIK/Shares. It sucked then, IT sucks now, and it will continue to suck in the future. Trying to make this piece of garbage work is never going to happen. When was the last "enhancement" We were told flifo was next , it still hasn't happened.

Wow. Get a clue. I hate to burst your bubble...but QIK/Shares is here to stay for a while. No matter how much you think begging and pleading for it on USAviation.com will help, it'll still be there tomorrow.

Back