New growth at AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is this possible? The doom day posters have been going on and on, telling us once the anti-trust deal is set, AA will drop international flying to destinations like the UK and Spain. Unless, AA is anticipating losing out on the anti trust. Then they will have to fly the routes themselves. But then again its more likely the nay sayers are wrong yet again.

Yes, AMR will fly to those new or added destinations to UK and Spain, only to share those same routes with BA and IB later. The more routes AMR has going in, the more leverage they'll have.

AMR knows where their bread is buttered, that's the Caribbean and South America.

Terminal 8 at JFK is only 2/3 complete. BA and IB will be a welcomed addition to those gates later completed.

I think Any growth is good news in the Airline industry, So ,very good news here folks thumbs up to AA for making this happen .....

I think Any growth is good news in the Airline industry, So ,very good news here folks thumbs up to AA for making this happen .....

Any growth? Wasn't excessive growth part of what got us into this situation in the first place?
It will be interesting to see how many of the mechanics from STL actually agree to transfer. My bet is a large percentage will cash out.

A few years back STL was perhaps the most productive, best performing, line maintenance base in the system, is this their reward? This is a shame.

It is not growth. It is reallocation of resources.

However, there will be growth at Eagle with the new CRJ-700 deliveries. They will begin in June 2010.

Also, this come April and May there will be a lot of Eagle/mainline shifting. Eagle taking over mainline routes and mainline taking over Eagle routes.

Any growth? Wasn't excessive growth part of what got us into this situation in the first place?
It will be interesting to see how many of the mechanics from STL actually agree to transfer. My bet is a large percentage will cash out.

A few years back STL was perhaps the most productive, best performing, line maintenance base in the system, is this their reward? This is a shame.
Same thing happened at SJC back in the 90's...

when does the ORD-ABE and all of the other routes take affect? Also it does surprise me that Eagle is coming back to ABE after a number of years of not being there. Wonder what incentives American Eagle got. Its goin to be interesting to see what UA will do given that they service ORD with 4 flights a day on their CRJ-700

It's not necessarily that taking on more debt is good, but survival of this recession certainly is. This will bolster our cash position so that we will in fact survive this, and maybe even be ready to ramp up once demand starts to recover.

I tried to start a new topic, but my browser failed me too many times. Anyway, ORD-DME has now been canceled. Was suspended for the winter, NOW canceled. Per Local ORD Flight Service HI6. Blamed it on the economy. Looks like there will be a few Russian speakers back on domestic in NOV for good. No more falloffs for them.

I tried to start a new topic, but my browser failed me too many times. Anyway, ORD-DME has now been canceled. Was suspended for the winter, NOW canceled. Per Local ORD Flight Service HI6. Blamed it on the economy. Looks like there will be a few Russian speakers back on domestic in NOV for good. No more falloffs for them.

We have been told at JFK that DME will be flown out of JFK when it returns. Due to the fact there's a huge Russian population in NY and very few in ORD. We have heard this from several people in Flight Service Management at JFK.

Could be, but as of the big announcement last thursday, DME was still coming back to ORD. Today, not so much. DME's return even made the slide show for ORD on jetnet. Oh well, hopefully it goes to JFK. It was a nice trip.

I was hoping to see PHL-JFK come back to feed the ever-building JFK intl. operation. It's been a long, long time since that route operated but I think it should be considered....

DL has been running a few flights on RJs(originally on turbo props) to feed their operation there, and apparently they have been able to support it pretty well.

For us who have been around for a while, you can relate......
These cutbacks anounced today at STL sound just like what happened at SJC. Same shifting of flying to the hubs.... Pulling out of unprofitable markets.... The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Apologies if I am misunderstanding, but are you saying it is a bad thing to be pulling out of unprofitable markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back