New Tlh Service!

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
This is very good news for Tallahassee. The airport is heavily dependent on Delta, with nonstops to ATL, CVG, DFW, FLL, MCO, MIA, and PBI, but Northwest, AirTran, and US Airways all offer regional jet flights to the city. I feel CO's partnership with Delta will help make these flights a sucess.

Tallahassee lands another carrier

This is very good for TLH, as I live here. What is surprising a few days before AirTran was cutting back flights here.. and I do remember when the city gave AirTran a 1.3mil subsidity which they gladly took, but CO didn't need or want one. The only problem is I think the city unfairly treated DL, US, and NW by giving lots of our $$$ to AirTran but fares had to come down sometime. Then when AirTran got comfortable they realized DL wasn't going to lay down and had additional 737 flight to ATL. Not too long after AirTran stopped flying the 717s here and now we they got CRJs by Air Wisconsin. Now I believe they are dropping one flight to ATL and the Miami service via Tampa is now gone. Another issue is the city forces employees to fly Airtran whenever possible, despite if they don't have the cheapest fare..The state also has a contract with AirTran.

TLH has grown quite a bit since fares dropped. Piedmont (US Express) will no longer be flying Dash-8s to CLT in May as they are being replaced with Mesas ERJs which they currently have two daily flights out of here.

Back