New Uniforms

They're not particularly special compared to current AA uniforms either.  Gray is a problematic color for those with a weight problem which we have a lot of at AA--both men and women.  Also, that skinny leg look in the men's uniforms will look dated very quickly.  It's in right now, but probably won't be a year from now.  When you want something to last for more than one fashion season, you don't go with the current "hot" look, you go with classic style--a little extra material in the leg with a slight break whether cuffed or not.  The skinny leg look also will emphasize a weight issue by giving the impression of an apple on two popsicle sticks.  Not judgin'.  Just sayin'.

Reactions: 5 people
jimntx said:
The skinny leg look also will emphasize a weight issue by giving the impression of an apple on two popsicle sticks.  Not judgin'.  Just sayin'.
You just had to go there Jim?

After that Christmas meal, I am feeling a little self conscious. Looks like an hour on the elliptical, rather than the usual 30 minutes, for the next few weeks.

I never did like the skinny leg look either. Classic is well, classic.

Hey, I was wearing my after-Christmas uniform fat pants by the 2nd week in December.  Don't complain to me.  As Oscar Wilde once said, "I have enormous willpower.  I can resist anything except temptation."

Skinny leg in suits and uniforms doesn't look right to me even when the wearer has a flat abdomen and no or well toned butt.  But then, I'm just a pebble in the road to progress.

I assume we are talking about flight crew uniforms?  No matter what, any new style will not look good on EVERYone. 

robbedagain said:
The fleece n coat look ok. Like former US but w AA logo. The new uniform looks horrible compared to the LUS ones. Just my take

I can't complain about the Fleet Service uniforms given what I'm paying for them, though I will miss the button-up shirts with their lighter tone and their breatheability.  It looks to me like the uniforms they made available for us to order don't look all that different from what I've seen the LAA ramp guys already wearing.  Kind of sucks that there's less of a selection for tops than there was for LUS.

Glenn Quagmire said:
 Looks like an hour on the elliptical, rather than the usual 30 minutes, for the next few weeks.

Or stay at 30 minutes and switch to the rowing machine.

jimntx said:
Hey, I was wearing my after-Christmas uniform fat pants by the 2nd week in December.  Don't complain to me.  As Oscar Wilde once said, "I have enormous willpower.  I can resist anything except temptation."

Skinny leg in suits and uniforms doesn't look right to me even when the wearer has a flat abdomen and no or well toned butt.  But then, I'm just a pebble in the road to progress.

One of my favorite's of his is, "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."  I had heard the company had agreements with certain clothiers that will tailor/adjust inflight uniform items at no cost, is/was this the case?

MetalMover said:
I assume we are talking about flight crew uniforms?  No matter what, any new style will not look good on EVERYone. 
No, but from what I've seen (and granted, photographs don't always give a good perspective), the company is shooting for flight crew uniforms that won't look good on ANYone.   :lol:

Fleet Service uniforms look fine to me.  Except once again their needs to be a light blue/grey shirt available for miserable summers in AZ.  Dark colors are the worst in the summer!! America West had it right for 2 decades in that department.

Black Magic said:
Fleet Service uniforms look fine to me.  Except once again their needs to be a light blue/grey shirt available for miserable summers in AZ.  Dark colors are the worst in the summer!! America West had it right for 2 decades in that department.

Fleet service just got new uniforms last year.  Now they're getting newer ones?  Now that appears to be another costly mistake.

Vortilon said:

Fleet service just got new uniforms last year.  Now they're getting newer ones?  Now that appears to be another costly mistake.

Are you sure Fleet is getting new uniforms again?

Vortilon said:

The LUS Fleet Service are getting new uniforms, I don't know if the LAA people are getting a new allotment or not.  As I said, it looks like we're being offered what the LAA folks are already wearing.

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilon said:

Don't worry, when it comes to nonsense like this they have money to burn.