No Deal Reached Between APFA and AA After 4 Days of Talks

... snip
I will never sign for a non-licensed worker's work!!!! Will you?
Unfortunately, those who fear losing their job will do so in a heartbeat.

Personally, were I in that situation, I would have no problem signing for another's work if I witnessed the given job's execution from the time the first wrench is picked up until the last one is laid down - I have serious doubts the company would sit still for that - that would cost them much more than the certificated mechanic would have in the first place.

No - there's no way I would blindly sign anything - I don't do it when off work, and won't do it at work.

I thought this was a thread about the APFA. And yet, like nearly every other thread, the discussion has veered toward maintenance. Do FAs now have to maintain the aircraft on downline turns? :D

You could start a thread about the quality of the baked on board cookies and the complaints that f/as are having to put up with because of the poor quality, and the TWU/AMP guys will find a way to hijack the thread and discuss the plight of the poor mechanics.

You could start a thread about the quality of the baked on board cookies and the complaints that f/as are having to put up with because of the poor quality, and the TWU/AMP guys will find a way to hijack the thread and discuss the plight of the poor mechanics.
Aren't we fortunate that there has been a recent change in board rules, policies and moderators and that as a result the discussion is much freer and less restricted.

Well, I suppose if all you ever want to discuss is maintenance related issues. Frankly, I'll pass. As we often want to say to the passengers, "You know it's not always about you."

No complaints about the cookies from me! I love the variety of flavors, but the toffee is my absolute favorite.

My only suggestion to FAs regarding meal service is provide more details. (ie rather than say "chicken" please specify "chicken with rice" or instead of "omlette" specify if it has meat or not). Not a problem on flights with menus, but some flights don't have then, and even some of my LAX-JFK flights haven't had them loaded recently (cost cutting?)

Jim seriously, what is the most ludicrous food/beverage complaint youve had? On BOS-LAX one pax asked for another sundae because the berries werent fresh. Seems to me the FA would scoop the same berries on his replacement.

Josh

There weren't any. It was a hypothetical example of no matter how f/a-specific the thread topic might be, the TWU members on this forum will find a way to hijack the thread and turn it into a discussion of the problems of mechanics and maintenance--mostly about how unfairly they are being treated.

This forum no longer provides us a place where we can discuss f/a issues because the threads we start always get twisted into whether or not the TWU International president is elected or appointed, or should the TWU be replaced, or whether mechanics will be licensed in the future.

Back