No Spoons on Flights?

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
September 2, 2005

U.S. Airways - Las Vegas to Charlotte

Subject: Pay for Meals - Breakfeast

This complaint is not about money, it's about the perception (reality) of service.

Briefly, I bought the $7 meal - ham & cheese sandwich, yogurt, and fruit cup. In the box only a knife. No way to eat the yogurt or friut. Asked a very pleasant flight attendent for a spoon. She said she was aware of the situation and would look for spoons.

Cut to chase - flight attendent looked everywhere. No spoons. She ultimately brought me her grandchilds spoon she kept for sentimental reasons. She was fantastic in her desire to help. I was very impressed, but it was hard to fathom why a major carrier would put this flight attendent in such a bizzare situation to search for spoons.

Shame on U.S. Airways

Two things you big fat whiner:

1. Did you use the spoon she offered cause that is nice and all, but YUCK...

2. You paid for the meal, not the plasticware--it was $7, what did you expect :rolleyes: isn't the motto around here: you paid for _____ not _____ so shove your complaint up your hiney.

September 2, 2005

This complaint is not about money, it's about the perception (reality) of service.

Briefly, I bought the $7 meal - ham & cheese sandwich, yogurt, and fruit cup. In the box only a knife. No way to eat the yogurt or friut. Asked a very pleasant flight attendent for a spoon. She said she was aware of the situation and would look for spoons.

Cut to chase - flight attendent looked everywhere. No spoons. She ultimately brought me her grandchilds spoon she kept for sentimental reasons. She was fantastic in her desire to help. I was very impressed, but it was hard to fathom why a major carrier would put this flight attendent in such a bizzare situation to search for spoons.

Shame on U.S. Airways
You think that's bad. Everytime we have to serve meals, or just about anything, we have to go through everything that was put on the a/c, just to make sure we have all the catering supplies we will need during a flight. Honestly, that is not our job. I shouldn't have to check every tray in the carrier to make sure there is salad dressing or butter. Or even if we have what is on our catering sheets. Half of the time, it's not correct and we get burned in flight.

Two things you big fat whiner:

1. Did you use the spoon she offered cause that is nice and all, but YUCK...

2. You paid for the meal, not the plasticware--it was $7, what did you expect :rolleyes: isn't the motto around here: you paid for _____ not _____ so shove your complaint up your hiney.
What is your problem ! I was just putting on a compaint that was posted on another site. I am sorry YOU are so perfect !

What is your problem ! I was just putting on a compaint that was posted on another site. I am sorry YOU are so perfect !
Here is the site!

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2005/september/2/7.htm

It was to be included in the original post! Sorry for making a mistake!

Oh, my...someone had a bad day...I was being a bit sarcastic...the replies around here are generally that:

1. You paid for a seat, not ice cream.

2. You paid $98, so FC should suck.

3. You paid $1000, so you're stupid.

you know the drill....breathe deeply :unsure:

My favorite is when the Customs & Immigration forms get handed out, passengers scream" wadd ya mean, you don't have pens for us??"
Airplane ride...not a Staples

My favorite is when the Customs & Immigration forms get handed out, passengers scream" wadd ya mean, you don't have pens for us??"
But you're not bitter, right? ;) I will *never* understand why FA's get so worked up about this. I do a lot of those 1 day turns from PHL to the islands, and some FA's get soooooo worked up and nasty when people ask for a pen! WHO CARES? If you don't have one, just say you do not have one! I usually point to their neighbor and tell them to ask to borrow theirs when they are through.

Is this really that annoying in the grand scheme of things? Pick your battles. I just had to comment on this one because I cannot believe how rude some FA's are with regards to this (one FA who only does one days comes to mind...she announces over the PA telling pax NOT to ask us for a pen like some military sargeant... frightening :shock: )..... cracks me up...

September 2, 2005

Shame on U.S. Airways
No, shame on SkyChef. Worst airliner caterer on the planet

Right, and a lot of the international markets, we aren't even required to provide the forms. They are simply a courtesy. I love it when someone says "I'm American, do I have to fill that out?"

September 2, 2005

Shame on U.S. Airways

This Happened In 2005!! What The Hell!!

Latest posts

Back