Non Rev Question?

I would ride j/seat in a minute to get a non-rev on. Have done so many times. Not sure if I'd give up D/H seat for rev, depends on situation.
How about a dead header going up front with a interline jumpseater waiting and a non-rev USAirways employee wanting the seat?

But the point is still the same - I can look around and see someone else enjoying a benefit I don't have and think they shouldn't have it when I don't or I can think my group should try to get something similar. I'm more the latter, how about you?

Jim

Then a Pilot shows up at the last minute. The gate agent informs him no seats full flight and that he can jump seat. He doesn’t want to. Somehow he gets on with/out jump seating,
Was he a Space positive must ride deadheader?

A jumpseat rider may take an "open" seat in the back of the aircraft, but he does not bump another non-rev. Not unless he wants to relist as a pass rider and has the seniority.

How about a dead header going up front with a interline jumpseater waiting and a non-rev USAirways employee wanting the seat?
Company non-rev or their family 1st, interline second. Always have to take care of your own first.

But the point is still the same - I can look around and see someone else enjoying a benefit I don't have and think they shouldn't have it when I don't or I can think my group should try to get something similar. I'm more the latter, how about you?

Jim
An airline employee of other airline goes for free and the employee of the airline in question stays. A lot of these employees (pilots) of other airlines have to pay to non-rev on there own airline and ride free on US. Meanwhile an employee gets left behind. I thing this was the case for UPNAWAY. The benefit should be to take care of your own. The question is? Were do you lie with that.Now that you can’t ride J/S

In UPNAWAY's situation, the jumpseater should not have been offered a seat in the back if the captain knew that non-revs were trying to get on.

Because of the availability of jumpseat, a lot of US pilots get to ride other airlines for free while an employee of that airline has to pay as well - it works both ways. As has been said, it's a benefit that pilots have negotiated with the company and gotten reciprocal agreements with other airlines.

Likewise with F/A's - they get to ride an available cabin jumpseat for free. If there's a reciprocal agreement with another airline, US F/A's get to ride that airline for free.

So, does someone else having a benefit rile you up or not?

Jim

US jumpseat policy is about as clear as mud but it has to be that way since so many people got their finger in the policy. The bottom line for jumpseat policy is clear, no jumpseater will be given a seat in the cabin until after ALL non-revenue passengers have been accommodated. So, a gate agent may have to go through a long list of who can, who can't, who can bump who out but in the end, the exercise is really over who will occupy the actual, real, genuine jumpseat. After that is decided, the jumpseat line forms at the end of the non-rev line.

Back