Non Revs Get Out Of Line

bookmdano

Advanced
Jun 23, 2004
Visit site
Why are nonrevs standing in line to get boarding passes to get through the TSA check point? Wouldn't it make more sense for non-revs to print out generic bp's at "thehub" than it is for them to clog the ATO lines when trying to obtain bp's for their term pass travelers and delaying customers with "money in hand" from getting through?
And when listing or inquiring at the employee travel line, why does the menu not give you an option to return to the main menu? Same thing with their VRU system, I found no way to return to a main menu (and trust me, I listened very carefully). So I had to call their 800 number 8 times to get all the info I needed. If they had of had a "return to main menu" option I would have used it. Instead the company chose to pay for each time I called in.

Up to what I know only active emplyee can use the kiosk to get their bording pass only at least they can get through security a little faster. But us furloughed employees have to make that line and also use up the time of an agent as well. I don't think it cost that much to send us furloughed a travel card to use at the kiosk. But I guess they like to do it the hard way :down:

Here's a unique idea for U. Sell travel cards to each person on the employee's term pass at $10 each. The travel card allows the term pass member access to use the kiosk and makes thousands of dollars for the company. I'd buy one for Mom and Pop and the 5 kids and my spouse and my 4 stepchildren. But, what am I thinking??? This would generate income, silly me.

I would gladly pay 10 bucks a piece as well. My parents would LOVE to have that travel card my spouse has. Heck, I would LOVE one while out on furlough.......Allow me to write a check for $30.00 to US Airways.......

ANYONE LISTENING OUT THERE???

bookmdano said:
Here's a unique idea for U. Sell travel cards to each person on the employee's term pass at $10 each. The travel card allows the term pass member access to use the kiosk and makes thousands of dollars for the company. I'd buy one for Mom and Pop and the 5 kids and my spouse and my 4 stepchildren. But, what am I thinking??? This would generate income, silly me.
Sounds like a good idea but can't they use credit card at the kiosk now?

Dependent traveling alone must have a paper ticket. This is due to several years ago an employees child ran away using the old yellow forms. Now whenever a child is traveling alone the employee must request a paper ticket. This is to protect your child. Kiosk machines won't check you in on a paper ticket.

But I do like the idea of giving a card to parents..... That's an Idea that may fly!

At AA, even furloughees can check in at the kiosk. If the flight is wide open, and the employee/furloughee/dependent is traveling in coach, it even allows them to select a seat "just like a real passenger." :p If space is tight or you have requested standby for F/C, then the kiosk prints out a slip that looks like the electronic boarding pass with all the info except a seat assignment. It has Priority Verification printed on it. That will get you through security.

P.S. If the person who was flight listed is a minor, I don't think the kiosk will work. All travelers on an employee's list have basic info recorded in the computer, and the employee/furloughee has to do the flight listing. A dependent or "buddy" can't list themselves for a flight.

Non revs can not use a credit card since it looks for a revenue reservation when this is done. They are supposedly working on a new way to check in the doesnt require a card to get the search started. Employees will be able to use the keypad to type in name, flight, employee number or some other form of id to search for a nonrev listing. In the meantime, a termpass or ID is the only thing that will start the search for a nonrev to get put on the list and get a bp to get to the gate.

This change will also allow more people to use the machine. There are still people out there who do not have a credit or debit card and they can not use the machine. There are also those people who dont want to insert the card for fear of being charged. When the customer can check in using the keypad to start the search more people will be able to get out of line.

A retiree who had less than 20 years (I think that's the right amount of time) has to get a non-rev ticket that's iternerary specific - say GSO-PIT-DEN or GSO-CLT-DEN. Since they pay a fee per non-rev pass which the kiosk won't take, they have to go thru the live agent. If the flight cancels or ends up full and the next flight is over a different connecting point, they have to go back to the ticket counter to get the pass reissued, then back thru security, etc.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
A retiree who had less than 20 years (I think that's the right amount of time) has to get a non-rev ticket that's iternerary specific - say GSO-PIT-DEN or GSO-CLT-DEN. Since they pay a fee per non-rev pass which the kiosk won't take, they have to go thru the live agent. If the flight cancels or ends up full and the next flight is over a different connecting point, they have to go back to the ticket counter to get the pass reissued, then back thru security, etc.

Jim
Can they purchase the ticket over the phone with credit card then pick it up at kiosk if you have a travel card?

Companion passes can be purchased by phone and picked up by companion at counter.

Actually companion passes are, to my knowledge, supposed to be paid for at the counter by the employee so the agent issuing the ticket can verify id and eligibility. Otherwise, I can call in and say I'm someone else and want to give so and so a buddy pass and the agent on the phone has no way to verify I am who I say I am.
You are correct though, that they are issued as etickets now and can be picked up at the airport by the person traveling instead of having to mail them to the traveler.