Nonrev Travel

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
APFA says they and AA are announcing enhancements to our non-rev travel capabilities. Anyone know what those are? Just curious as I have to work tonight.

Come on, I know someone here has sources inside HDQ.

APFA says they and AA are announcing enhancements to our non-rev travel capabilities. Anyone know what those are? Just curious as I have to work tonight.

Well going by past experience if the company calls it an "enhancement" "Improvement" or "win win deal" it means it will cost us more and we will get less.

They're going to "enhance" non rev travel with the hopes of offsetting the "pain" to follow!

Enhanced non rev travel to benefit those who are about to be laid off!

"Enhancing" non rev travel is like putting lipstick on a pig. .............No matter what you do, it's still a pig.

With so few empty seats, "enhancements" are of no consequence. I can't remember the last time my wife and I were able to sit together.

Since Delta, Northwest and US Air have decided to make their employees pay a $50 per year non-rev travel fee, I would imagine AA is not far behind them. Or start to charge everyone for coach???

Possibly B.O.B.

But I don't think APFA would boast about that on its weekly hotline and tell people to look out for it on Nov.1st. Maybe, but doubt it. I am actually holding out hope that it is to announce more Jump Seat agreements for F/A's with some more airlines. Although, I am not holding my breath.

Speaking of jumpseats...In the 2001 contract, we finally got in the maintenance contract what every other airline has, jumpseat authorization. Well it's 4 years later and the twu has just dropped the grievance that was filed when the company locked us out of the cockpit.

Was it AA that "locked" you out of the cockpit, or was it the feds?

They've made it pretty restrictive, even for pilots. (See CASS.)

It looks like there's another thread addressing the 1 Nov announcement.
link

This is Leslie Mayo, APFA National Communications Coordinator, with a Hotline
update for Tuesday, November 1, 2005.

Today, APFA and AA along with TWU Local 556 and Southwest Airlines are pleased
to announce a flight attendant reciprocal cabin seat travel agreement that has
been entered into on a six-month trial basis. This travel test will be effective
November 15, 2005, and will be available for any active American Airlines,
American Eagle, and Southwest Airlines flight attendant for travel in the
domestic operation.

We have been working on this agreement for almost a year and both unions and
companies feel that this will aid the commuting flight attendant as well as
enhance the travel benefits enjoyed between these flight attendant groups. This
travel will be on a cabin-seat space-available basis, and will be free of
charge.

We cannot stress how important it will be to adhere to all policies and conduct
oneself in a professional manner as this agreement will be reviewed after six
months to make a final determination on its future viability.

Please review the details on the APFA website or aaflightservice.com regarding
procedures before taking advantage of this new travel privilege. We hope that
this reciprocal cabin seat agreement will be helpful to you. APFA will continue
to pursue opportunities with other unions in the future for enhanced travel
benefits.

Please stay on the line for the rest of the APFA Hotline.

Leslie Mayo
APFA Communications
1004 W. Euless Blvd.
Euless, TX 76040
800.395.2732 Ext. 8308
[email protected]

Art Tang
IMA

It is November 1st, and I have heard nothing?

Here is a little more information about the agreement:

Overview
This program is governed by the reciprocal agreement between American Airlines, Inc./American Eagle and Southwest Airlines Co. to further enhance the current structure of the JUMPSEAT AUTHORIZED PASSENGER SEAT ONLY PROGRAM. This enhancement is designed to aid the commuting cabin crewmember who is flying between his/her home base and scheduled work domicile.

Effective Date

November 15, 2005

Eligibility & ID Requirements

This policy applies to active employees only. Employees on any type of company leave, voluntary or involuntary including sick leave, are not permitted to participate.

• Southwest crewmembers should call the 1/888-888-8888 number (option 3) to flight list before attempting to jumpseat.

AA crewmembers should arrive at SW gate no earlier than one-hour or later than 30 minutes prior to departure. No prior listing is necessary or available.

All cCabin cCrewmembers must present a valid ID displaying the word “CREWâ€￾.

Routing Applicability

Transportation is applicable on American / American Eagle and Southwest flights within the continental United States andor to/from the U.S., Hawaii and Alaska, or and to/from the continental United States and the United States Virgin Islands (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Croix) and is on a space available basis.

Boarding Priorities

Priority will be given by each cCarrier on its own flights to its own employees. It is understood that, thereafter, employees of American will have preference on AMR Eagle, and employees of AMR Eagle will have preference on American. Thereafter, cCrewmembers from Southwest and cCrewmembers from other airlines which have entered into similar agreements will be accorded transportation. Each cCarrier acknowledges that FAA inspectors acting in their official capacity will always have priority.

The number of seats assigned to cabin crewmembers is limited only by the number of open and available passenger seats in the cabin. Boarding will be on a “first come, first servedâ€￾ basis.

Dress Code

Travelers from both carriers should conform to AA/AE’s non-revenue first class travel dress code standards of conservative casual business dress and grooming, or be in full uniform.

Note: Shorts will not be accepted in any cabin on AA/AE. Athletic shoes will only be accepted in the coach cabin.

Art Tang
IMA

Was it AA that "locked" you out of the cockpit, or was it the feds?
Depends, according to AA, it was the APA complaining they didn't want AMT's in the cockpit. According to the APA, they know nothing. Acording to the twu, it was the FAA and the APA. According to the FAA, all airmen are allowed to ride jumpseat, A&P's are airmen and are currently flying jumpseat at many airlines. I really don't care what the excuse, it's a concession that we never got credit for. What I do figure what happened is some FSC twu presidents complained about it and the rest is for show. The old, "if we can't do it, you can't do it."

??????
The "Cabin seat" terminology is throwing me off !

Example;

If I've $$ bought a LED pass, (as an AA retiree), between TPA/MHT(manchester NH), which by the way is $39. One way, who(supposedly) gets boarded first by the WN gate agent...............

1. WN employees/F-A's
2. ???????????.............................(ME, AA F/a, or A/E F/a)

NH/BB's

The way I understand it, the AA or AE flight attendant who is jumpseat qualified gets a cabin seat behind any SW employee and ahead of any other airline employee (you). In the reverse situation, a SW flight attendant who is jumpseat qualified gets on an AA/AE aircraft behind any AA/AE employee but ahead of any employee from another airline.

The way the agreement was worded is a bit misleading since this doesn't concern anyone actually riding on the jumpseat, but rather it concerns those who are qualified (that is, active FA's) to ride the jumpseat. The advantage for the commuter is a slightly higher boarding priority and not paying any service charge at all.

As a one-time NYC-STL commuter, anything that will help is welcome.

MK

Back