North Korean Sanctions are Working!?

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
White House claims N. Korea sanctions are working

Even as the North Koreans tested four more missiles this week, the White House said Thursday that tough new United Nations sanctions are showing signs of working.

White House press secretary Robert Gibbs declined to say what evidence the administration has that the most recent round of sanctions was effectively tightening the noose on North Korea, and he warned that it will likely continue with provocative behavior.

"I think it is clear the sanctions are having an impact," Gibbs said.

WTH? :blink: Sanctions+4 Missile launches = FAIL

They love to do this on our national holidays.

What solutions do you offer as an alternative to the sanctions?

North Korea is not allowed to fire Scuds, medium-range missiles or long-range missiles. They are banned under U.N. resolutions, including Resolution 1874 passed after North Korea's May 25 nuclear test, that prohibit any launch using ballistic missile technology.

Simple solution, take out the missile launch and production facilities. They will only react if force is shown, words mean nothing to them.

How about not bragging about your sanctions when they are not doing anyhting.
Of course with this group may as well get used to it

How about not bragging about your sanctions when they are not doing anyhting.
Of course with this group may as well get used to it
Obambi reminds me of Carter in a lot of ways. If you recall, the Iranian hostages were released within minutes of Reagan taking office. They new he wasn't going to screw around with them. The rest of the world see Obambi as weak and useless, just like Carter.

ObamaBambi2-1.jpg

Simple solution, take out the missile launch and production facilities. They will only react if force is shown, words mean nothing to them.
Do you think we could get any support from the nation's in theater for such an attack?

What would be the ramifications on our relations with China?

Can the US afford to alienate China in this economic climate?

There are many questions that need to be answered before taking an aggresive action.

We cannot go in alone.

You can blame Obama (which you will), but the sanction road was paved by those before him...

He is choosing to go down the same path.

Do you think we could get any support from the nation's in theater for such an attack?

What would be the ramifications on our relations with China?

Can the US afford to alienate China in this economic climate?

There are many questions that need to be answered before taking an aggresive action.

We cannot go in alone.

You can blame Obama (which you will), but the sanction road was paved by those before him...

He is choosing to go down the same path.
Yup, tell the UN if you don't take of it, we will. UN is a useless entity and a joke. Make a stand and stick to

Obambi reminds me of Carter in a lot of ways. If you recall, the Iranian hostages were released within minutes of Reagan taking office. They new he wasn't going to screw around with them. The rest of the world see Obambi as weak and useless, just like Carter.
So there were no tests done when Bush was in office?

#
Oct 31, 2002 - Since 1999, the North Koreans have been under a self-imposed moratorium on long-range missile test flights, which are usually a prerequisite to ... While earthbound missile tests have continued, North Korean leaders have repeatedly reaffirmed the flight moratorium in public statements. ...
From US watching for North Korean missile tests - Related web pages
www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews ...
#
Apr 1, 2003 - North Korea has been testing its short-range, anti-ship KN-01 missile, which is under development. North Korea announced late last year that a moratorium on missile testing was no longer in effect. The decision was one of several announced by the North since last October when, ...
From Doubt over N. Korea missile test - Related web pages
www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/04/01 ...
#
May 2, 2005 - SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea (search) test fired a missile into the Sea of Japan (search ) Sunday — just days after a US intelligence official ... US and South Korean officials are more concerned about a possible North Korean test of a Taepodong-2 missile, which analysts believe is ...
From N. Korea Missile Test Raises New Fears - Related web pages
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155162,00.html
#
Jun 23, 2006 - In an interview with CNN on Thursday, Vice President Dick Cheney said the missile has a third stage, which is an indication it is configured for a satellite trajectory, even though this test missile may only be carrying an instrumentation package. (Read Cheney's comments on North Korea ...
From Weather improving for N. Korea missile test, sources say - Related web pages
www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/06/23/korea ...
#

Jul 5, 2006 - But Wang Guangya, the Chinese ambassador, while expressing concern about the North Korean missile tests, pointedly drew a parallel with the last such tests eight years ago, when the Security Council contented itself with issuing a press statement - which did not even become part of the ...
From UN emergency meeting after North Korea missile tests - Related web pages
www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25689-2256996 ...
Source

Why didn't he order your simple solution?

So there were no tests done when Bush was in office?

Source

Why didn't he order your simple solution?
Whats with you lefty liberals, every time Obambi is criticized for his weakness you bring up the past president who fulfilled both terms and wasn't in opposition to Obambi in the election. Do you not see how irrelevant your argument is? WTH?

Bush was criticized heavily during his terms for his actions and in-actions. Obambi is deserved of the same. He doesn't get a pass because a previous president did or did not address a situation.

You are correct. He will not get a pass.

I have never heard any of that from you?
Because that is in the past, im more concerned about the present and the future. I didnt like McCain, I dont like Obama, but thats not going to silence me in criticizing the current POTUS.

Yet you spout off now that Obama is following the same N Korea policy.

Because thats how I roll. :lol:

Seriously tho, Obama has a chance to make a stand, show of strength and cajones. But he doesn't, with anyone, except Israel which dont get me started on that! :shock:

Because that is in the past, im more concerned about the present and the future. I didnt like McCain, I dont like Obama, but thats not going to silence me in criticizing the current POTUS.

Because thats how I roll. :lol:

Seriously tho, Obama has a chance to make a stand, show of strength and cajones. But he doesn't, with anyone, except Israel which dont get me started on that! :shock:
I think time will prove you wrong.

I honestly believe that he will do something militarily that will shock all of his critics.

Maybe Korea will be the one.

I am in agreement that we should take out one of their missiles/rockets as soon as it goes over the water

...why...because we can!

Oh they are probably freaking out about that dwarf star, once a part of our ancient solar system that got projected on a different orbit and supposed to come back during a fly by between Mars (probably why Mars went kaput during the last fly by) and Jupiter. (that causes the pole shifts, screwing up the magnetic field in the process here on our planet)..

Al says its global warming? ha, its that star beginning to pull on our planet shifting the poles slightly to a different position and warming up the glaziers? (sort of like that 'unknown' force that was causing the wobble of Uranus orbit and effecting Neptunes at the same time..) and it sure is not Pluto doing it!

you know. Planet X, Nibru, Wormwood.... that one. (The Bible and Mayans talked about it for like forever, that is of course people believe in that..)

Nasa found it in December 1983..

they are probably just over-reacting thinking they have to do something..probably one reason why they were doing their space program..

(The Ice Age is the first hint, something dramatically happens from time to time)

or they think they have an unique opportunity because they believe all we will do now is just talk.

maybe a little bit of both?