Nov 2nd CEO summit on the US economy , sponsored by the WALL STREET JOURNAL ..

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006

Hi Doug , I figure your reading this as it pertains exclusively to you … To those who aren’t aware , Doug parker will be speaking at a round table/ summit of top American CEO’s from the united states … we’re talking the cream of the crop here , the movers and the shakers .. The treasure secretary is tentatively scheduled to be there (althou I doubt he will, due to the current national emergency ). The former treasury secretary is also to be in attendance …

I believe that this may well be us airways most important media exposure of all time …. With the US economy tanking faster than a ( use your imagination and insert clever antidote here ) we may have only ONE chance left to impress ourselves upon the GOVERNMENT and the financial community ..

First and foremost I mention the government because I believe in my personal uneducated view (that I have held and proponed upon for the last year ) that the airline industry will become so weakened by the lack of business due to a sever depression that our ONLY hope of survival is nationalization (thank god we carry the flag on our planes , shirts and office memo’s ) … if parker can ingrain us with the government and public by talking about what great pride we take in being number one , our pride in our country and our nation wide love of community service ,then we will have done the best we can in making our case ….

2 … in the event that I’m a kook and completely wrong with my economic forecast, it’s still important for parker to impresses the financial community of this country so that we may continue to receive investment and perhaps negotiate better terms on our outstanding debt …. If he can wiz bang impress them into thinking he’s THE airline wiz kid of the century then once again our position will be better off ..

This is THE event of the year …. All eyes will be on those in attendance … in my humble opinion corporate Public relations should start shinning up parkers image now so that by the time he gets there the media will be talking about the good things he’s known for …(perhaps now would be a great time to go on a charity binge that will end slightly before the conference ) ….

At any rate my concerns for this conference are not us airways related and I will make them known after I have finished a carefully prepared appeal to Doug parker on the state of the us economy .

If we're going to nationalize the airline industry, it would help if the front line folks treat the traveling public like just another number, much like Amtrak. Oh wait....

If we're going to nationalize the airline industry, it would help if the front line folks treat the traveling public like just another number, much like Amtrak. Oh wait....

Weren't the days of airline regulation what we remember as the "golden days" of air travel -- consistant fares, inflight meals, free beverages, space for carry-ons, and checked bags that actually arrived at the correct desitination on the correct day? Heck, we even used to dress up in our Sunday best to fly back then. Nationalize the airline industry? What's to complain about? Let's take a government bailout and re-regulate. If it's good enough for B of A, it's good enough for US of Air.

Hi Doug , I figure your reading this as it pertains exclusively to you … To those who aren’t aware , Doug parker will be speaking at a round table/ summit of top American CEO’s from the united states … we’re talking the cream of the crop here , the movers and the shakers ..

You've got to be kidding.........................................Oh...OH...Hi Freedumb.... :wub: :jerry: ............... Luv Doug...

correction , the event is suppose to be nov 17-18th .....

you should watch it mike .... it might help you understand the state of the us economy ..... i guess it's a good thing our union didn't hold out unitl dec of 2009 for that new contract huh mike ? :lol:

Weren't the days of airline regulation what we remember as the "golden days" of air travel -- consistant fares, inflight meals, free beverages, space for carry-ons, and checked bags that actually arrived at the correct desitination on the correct day? Heck, we even used to dress up in our Sunday best to fly back then. Nationalize the airline industry? What's to complain about? Let's take a government bailout and re-regulate. If it's good enough for B of A, it's good enough for US of Air.

The fares were consistant, consistantly unaffordable.

The fares were consistant, consistantly unaffordable.
And now airfares are more affordable than a train or bus, but the airline employees are paying for it. I know there are pros & cons of each era, but overall the industry has gone downhill as a result of deregulation. In many markets it bacame a fare war of who could afford to lose the most money before bailing out. I was around when PE started up with their rediculous $19 fares, and it was a losing proposition in the early 80's. You are paying a fare that needs to cover the cost of a Muliti-Million dollar piece of equipment along with all of it's operations and handling costs. Going from coast to coast for $99 was not realistic, but sadly the traveling public took it as the norm.

Freedom, this is DP never mind that appeal,just make sure you get my lawn mowed!

Oh hello deriding voice from the past …..

Have you been following the news lately ?

Unbeliever … :lol:

Back