NWA FAR 145 Pulled?

Saabmeister

Nov 11, 2005
So has NWA's FAR 145 certificate been pulled? It's a rumor that's been floating around for a few days now, and the AMFA Local 33 website (http://www.amfa33.org/) has this as a header at the top of the page: "NWA has surrendered their part 145 Certificate"

Anybody have anymore info?

So has NWA's FAR 145 certificate been pulled? It's a rumor that's been floating around for a few days now, and the AMFA Local 33 website (http://www.amfa33.org/) has this as a header at the top of the page: "NWA has surrendered their part 145 Certificate"

Anybody have anymore info?

Threatened with revocation NWA will/has surrendered it. The FAA wasn't pleased with the growing perception of what was/wasn't going on oversight wise at NWA following the start of the strike. Get ready for the NWA PR spin on how "THEY" decided to surrender it because they're getting out of the aircraft maintenance industry.

*** DISCLAIMER ***

Since I will not be providing links, names, or references for the above post, feel free to flame away/disbelieve at your leisure. I wont take it personally

That's good news for safety, as Scab Air has enough problems keeping its own junk in the air. :blink:

With a FAR (federal aviation regulation) 145 cert., the company could work on commercial and private airplanes and helicopters. They (NWA) could repair and inspect aircraft components for domestic carriers, manufacture aircraft & engine components using specs from the original equipment manufacturer.

Looks like more out-sourcing. :blink:

How can a pilot or a F/A step foot on their craft not knowing who's been maintaining it?

very scarey thought :shock:

Crews do it all the time. Everyone just takes everything for granted. Aviation is only as safe as the maintenance it receives. That goes the same for redundant systems.
FAA and Company oversight of third party facilities is a FARCE :shock:

Anyone who flys in this age of outsourcing better take an interest in the condition of the aircraft they are flying in. Otherwise, you just might find yourself in a high speed descent toward the dirt <_< .

Anyone who flys in this age of outsourcing better take an interest in the condition of the aircraft they are flying in. Otherwise, you just might find yourself in a high speed descent toward the dirt <_< .
That won't happen until airplanes start falling out of the sky, i.e. after the fact.

does this mean NW line maintenance cannot provide any maintenance services for any other airlines such as line maintenance in DTW?

Threatened with revocation NWA will/has surrendered it. The FAA wasn't pleased with the growing perception of what was/wasn't going on oversight wise at NWA following the start of the strike. Get ready for the NWA PR spin on how "THEY" decided to surrender it because they're getting out of the aircraft maintenance industry.
*** DISCLAIMER ***

Since I will not be providing links, names, or references for the above post, feel free to flame away/disbelieve at your leisure. I wont take it personally

AMFA Claims NWA Surrendered Part 145 Repair Station Cert to Avoid Revocation

AMFA (the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association) tells ANN that Northwest Airlines recently surrendered its FAA Part 145 repair station certificate in order to avoid having it revoked by the FAA.

"Northwest Airlines fell far behind in maintaining the staffing and training requirements needed to keep its FAA Part 145 repair station certificate and decided to drop it voluntarily at the end of January," said AMFA National Safety and Standards Director John Glynn.

"They were under serious scrutiny, and in effect they quit before they were fired. To my knowledge, Northwest is the only major airline that is operating without this very important Part 145 certificate."

Glynn said Northwest can still do most maintenance work under the basic FAA Part 121 certificate that allows the company to operate as a U.S. air carrier, but has lost the more far-reaching maintenance authority that comes only with the Part 145 certificate.

"For example, Northwest can no longer subcontract maintenance work to repair facilities unless they have their own Part 145 certificates, which not all do," Glynn said.

"Northwest can continue to do maintenance work for non-U.S. airlines under contracts, but can no longer do ad hoc maintenance work for foreign carriers, which require Part 145 certification for this work."

He said U.S. airlines often handle ad hoc maintenance for foreign carriers, who typically do not have maintenance facilities at U.S. airports.

"United Airlines, American Airlines, Lufthansa and some others have turned this work into profit centers."

"The loss of its 145 certificate demonstrates that operations are not normal, no matter what Northwest claims. Losing its FAA Part 145 certificate is not going to cripple Northwest Airlines, but it places serious new limitations on the company and shows that maintenance standards and capabilities have declined," Glynn said.

Aero-News Network

Don't have the time tonight to break it down for you but here are the links to part 121 and 145 certification. One thing for sure is that it is a big deal no matter how much Scab Air will down play it. They went from a well respected by the FAA - 145 operation to losing its certificate in less than 6 months of a flawless operation with Steeland dream team of scabs.

Part 121

Part 145

AAAHHHH Man now what will the Great Super Scum Bum Scum Bag King of all Scabs have to say about this? notice he hasnt said much about this lately. I wonder why. Could it be that may be he didnt know anything about FAR 145 being pulled or just too embarassed by it.

AAAHHHH Man now what will the Great Super Scum Bum Scum Bag King of all Scabs have to say about this? notice he hasnt said much about this lately. I wonder why. Could it be that may be he didnt know anything about FAR 145 being pulled or just too embarassed by it.

I'm sure he has no clue as to what this even is.

one thing for sure it will be less income for the airline and naturally more concessions from its employees. I am sure it is all a part of managements master plan...get rid of maintenance as much as possible....after all they are in the business of transporting people not fixing airplanes. gezzzzzzzzzzz....low life airlines at its best.

Back