NWA FAR 145 Pulled?

AMFA Claims NWA Surrendered Part 145 Repair Station Cert to Avoid Revocation

AMFA (the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association) tells ANN that Northwest Airlines recently surrendered its FAA Part 145 repair station certificate in order to avoid having it revoked by the FAA.

"Northwest Airlines fell far behind in maintaining the staffing and training requirements needed to keep its FAA Part 145 repair station certificate and decided to drop it voluntarily at the end of January," said AMFA National Safety and Standards Director John Glynn.

"They were under serious scrutiny, and in effect they quit before they were fired. To my knowledge, Northwest is the only major airline that is operating without this very important Part 145 certificate."

Glynn said Northwest can still do most maintenance work under the basic FAA Part 121 certificate that allows the company to operate as a U.S. air carrier, but has lost the more far-reaching maintenance authority that comes only with the Part 145 certificate.

"For example, Northwest can no longer subcontract maintenance work to repair facilities unless they have their own Part 145 certificates, which not all do," Glynn said.

"Northwest can continue to do maintenance work for non-U.S. airlines under contracts, but can no longer do ad hoc maintenance work for foreign carriers, which require Part 145 certification for this work."

He said U.S. airlines often handle ad hoc maintenance for foreign carriers, who typically do not have maintenance facilities at U.S. airports.

"United Airlines, American Airlines, Lufthansa and some others have turned this work into profit centers."

"The loss of its 145 certificate demonstrates that operations are not normal, no matter what Northwest claims. Losing its FAA Part 145 certificate is not going to cripple Northwest Airlines, but it places serious new limitations on the company and shows that maintenance standards and capabilities have declined," Glynn said.

Aero-News Network

First - I apologiz for my first post to this Forum--I did something that did not work.

This is the post I meant to make:

Here is a newsclip from a reporter who read AMFA's newsrelease and actually RESEARCHED the topic before filing the story:

NWA drops license to repair others' aircraft – Star Tribune

Northwest Airlines didn't renew its license to do repairs for other airlines, work it hasn't done in years anyway.
Last update: February 09, 2006 – 8:44 PM

Northwest Airlines is no longer in the business of repairing aircraft for other airlines and has surrendered its federal license to perform the work, the carrier said Thursday.

Elizabeth Cory, spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), said Northwest first notified the agency last summer of its intent to drop its Part 145 repair station certificate. The move, completed about two weeks ago, was voluntary and not at the FAA's urging, Cory said.

"We haven't done that work for years and there was no reason for us to keep the certificate," said Kurt Ebenhoch, spokesman for Northwest.

To maintain the license to repair planes for other carriers, Northwest would have been required to invest resources in updating manuals and follow other FAA protocols, Ebenhoch said.

John Glynn, the national safety and standards director for the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, the union of mechanics on strike against Northwest, said in a news release Wednesday that the loss of the certificate shows that maintenance standards and capabilities at Northwest have declined.

But Ebenhoch said Northwest's business strategy has been to drop all heavy maintenance and hire other companies to do it. The company's vastly reduced maintenance staff focuses on so-called line maintenance -- repairs and inspections that can be done during the day or overnight to airplanes in service at Northwest's major hubs in the Twin Cities and Detroit.

AAAHHHH Man now what will the Great Super Scum Bum Scum Bag King of all Scabs have to say about this? notice he hasnt said much about this lately. I wonder why. Could it be that may be he didnt know anything about FAR 145 being pulled or just too embarassed by it.
Sorry for the delay robbed just had some internet issues. Back online now. The 145 certificate was simply dropped. NWA has had no use for it for years now. What is the big deal?

Sorry for the delay robbed just had some internet issues. Back online now. The 145 certificate was simply dropped. NWA has had no use for it for years now. What is the big deal?
Its No BIG Deal?

"United Airlines, American Airlines, Lufthansa and some others have turned this work into profit centers."

"The loss of its 145 certificate demonstrates that operations are not normal, no matter what Northwest claims. Losing its FAA Part 145 certificate is not going to cripple Northwest Airlines, but it places serious new limitations on the company and shows that maintenance standards and capabilities have declined," Glynn said

It means Northwest has no intentions of operating a repair facility. It has nothing to do with Line Maintenance. Dropping the Part 145 has nothing to do with Northwest operating as an airline. It is a useless certificate if you are not going to use it. Thus its loss is no big deal.

Talk about union propaganda. "NWA LOST THEIR CERTIFICATE!!!!!!AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!DID YOU GUYS HEAR?!!!! NWA LOST THEIR CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!THEIR MAINTENANCE IS IN DECLINE!!!!!!!

What idiots.

well if LH UA AA and other air carriers can turn maintaince into profit centers, it is very clear that NWA is not in a position to turn one into a profit simply because they cant afford to have scum bum scum bag scabs destroy their planes!

It means Northwest has no intentions of operating a repair facility. It has nothing to do with Line Maintenance. Dropping the Part 145 has nothing to do with Northwest operating as an airline. It is a useless certificate if you are not going to use it. Thus its loss is no big deal.

Talk about union propaganda. "NWA LOST THEIR CERTIFICATE!!!!!!AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!DID YOU GUYS HEAR?!!!! NWA LOST THEIR CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!THEIR MAINTENANCE IS IN DECLINE!!!!!!!

What idiots.
Im quite fimliar with what Part 145 means PTO! They've essentially cast maintenance to the wind except for the very lean and unproductive line, and that too is in jeopardy. Your SCAB junk airline has become the laughing stock of carriers and has no doubt hammered another nail into its coffin.

we're the Idiots? :lol: I believe you and your SCAB brothers would fit that description with no need for explanation. Liquidation is the future of your Scab Airline!....Have you bought a house yet? :up:

Yea they are making such a great profit and the union members continue to suck up concessions. Keep licking them boots fella's.
At least their unions are making a helluva lot of money than a POS scum bum scum bag scab such as yourself. they didnt steal anyone's jobs the way you stole the AMFA's jobs. so go right and get licked by the boot that is gonna kick you and your sorry a** out of the job when the unions remaining on property strike!

...so go right and get licked by the boot that is gonna kick you and your sorry a** out of the job when the unions remaining on property strike!
:lol: :lol: A strike is out of the question. They cannot be so ignorant as to actually strike. Idle threats maybe but no strike. I really need to keep my mouth shut, that is the same thing I said about AMFA. :lol:

If I was the state of Minnesota, I would have leaned very heavily on NW to keep that certificate and to turn DLH into a profit center.

Such a nice facility...What a waste.... :angry:

If I was the state of Minnesota, I would have leaned very heavily on NW to keep that certificate and to turn DLH into a profit center.

Such a nice facility...What a waste.... :angry:
Kev it seems to me that NWA does'nt give two cents about what the state of minnesota, its citizens, and most especially what its front line employees think.

Kev it seems to me that NWA does'nt give two cents about what the state of minnesota, its citizens, and most especially what its front line employees think.

You're exactly right, Local 12.

You'd think that since NW owes the state a LOT of money, they'd do the right thing and try and figure out ways to repay it.

...Of course since NW never does anything even remotely ethical, you'd think MN would try whatever tactics they could to recoup their investment.

A great article about this very issue is located here..

:lol: :lol: A strike is out of the question. They cannot be so ignorant as to actually strike. Idle threats maybe but no strike. I really need to keep my mouth shut, that is the same thing I said about AMFA. :lol:
a strike is not out of the question there scab. the three remaining unions still have a strike option open. if any one of those three strike, then it is all over for you pos scabs. NWA mgmt will definetly have to learn not to play hardball. secondly they are not prepared for the strike by any one of the three remaining unions. yes i do agree that you do need to keep your mouth shut because you know darn well that the AMFA union was right in what they did and now the other unions are finding out the hard way instead of following AMFA lead

What idiots.
They had a great facility in Duluth, and used to have one in MSP and ATL. With the caliber of AMT's that used to be employed at the former NWA (now Scab Air), they could have made money with these bases. Instead, the Scab Air management morons chose to outsource to China, and hire the dregs of the industry....scabs. Of course, all this occurs while they enrich themselves and drive the failing company to Chapter 7.

Did you know that Scab Air's reliability is still DEAD LAST??? Your failing at your first scab career 'Cods....buck up little scab. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back