nwa selling DC-9's

It is true…
Ed Colodny is coming back to run part of the carrier and his business plan includes bringing the DC-9 back into action because the jet made so much money for Allegheny and it will be used for more hub and spoke flying. History repeats itself! Actually it is a plan to run Airways as four carriers with one being Allegheny and it will solely fly the Vista jet. Piedmont and PSA will be back too. It has to do with that history “heritageâ€￾ stuff. This is all secret corporate planning stuff and no one knows about it so I just made it up.

US is gonna buy a whole fleet of A380s and run them from CLT-AVL-CLT.

USair has decided to use all the savings garnered from the Synergy deal with AW to buy the DC-9's. In an unrelated move they have decided to extent the olive branch to employees by offering trip rigs dating back to 1988, anyone wishing to apply for credit for trips flown between 1996 and 2006 are encouraged to submit a green form.

This thread was originally about NW selling DC-9's. Who would think for a minute that they would consider US a possible customer for those things?

Art,

Wow, I didn't know it was in color. My TV only has black and white. I can't afford a color one. Thats like the #2 airline movie of all times right after Gone with the Wind.

I also heard that the DC-9's will be based in PIT to adjust the overstaffing issue with crews there. The "new" or should I say "old" routes will be ELM,ITH,ERI,CRW,LAN,and TOL. Now, we can get all the senior F/A's to transfer back to PIT to fly their beloved "Dragon Wagon"! :lol:

Too funny...

but, I have kind of thought that NWA had been sowing uncertainty with its employee group regarding some kind of farming out of its small plane operation. I could see how that could morph into a rumor such as this. Mind you, this is speculation that a ruse morped into a rumor.

Any truth to the rumor tht NWA is trying to unload there DC-9's to USairway's. I was in Detriot yesterday and all the agent were talking about this.
My all time favorite

Attachments

• headinass.jpg
    headinass.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 73
Look for the announcemnet on Friday around 12:00 noon or 9:00 am Phx Time.

Look for the announcemnet on Friday around 12:00 noon or 9:00 am Phx Time.

Only announcement anyone is gonna hear about NW DC-9s is that NW is sending them to the desert even sooner than earlier announced. There they will be stripped and chopped into little pieces.

US has done some stupid things in the past, but no way would anyone at US do something as stupid as buy DC-9s from NW. Notta chance.

NWA will be able to retire them earlier because they bought Independence Air's certificate and are starting a new airline called Compass that will fly 76 seaters and re-employ furloughed NW employees at drastically reduced rates while replacing full-on mainline flying. Hmmm, where on earth did they get that idea from>

He has all ready admitted to faking this thread and the genie tray thread, might as well just lock them.

Waste of time, energy and bandwidth for phony posts.

Back