Obama unveils sweeping measures against gun violence

Not sure what you are talking about. Your posts havnt been coherent in the last two days But they do qualify on a range but suck when under fire.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. NYPD lack of training is obvious when 'incidents' of a magnitude as you noted occur. That leads one to a logical conclusion that there is something wrong in the training aspect of NYPD. I bet, in a rush to be politically cool and shine of diversity, short cuts have been made or there would not be reporting of this nature. Tell me, Tree, if this isn't the case?

Reactions: 1 person
72557_4727882526273_1585637889_n.jpg

That's the problem. Guns are easily and legally bought, then sold to anyone with cash without regard who the person is. That kinda makes us angry. People sell guns to criminals, and dont care, then drum up the need to own guns for protection. It's the definition of insanity. Time to do things differently.

so what would make you think a ban on assault weapons or magazine capacity is going to change anything? besides the fact that there are millions of each already out there.The only thing it will do at most is fuel a black market much like illegal drugs and I think we all know how that is going.
I have no issue with a number of things he is doing but banning the magazines and guns are a useless folly. I have a number of each and it has never occurred to me to use them in a mass shooting. I do however enjoy going to a range and using them.

That's the problem. Guns are easily and legally bought, then sold to anyone with cash without regard who the person is. That kinda makes us angry. People sell guns to criminals, and dont care, then drum up the need to own guns for protection. It's the definition of insanity. Time to do things differently.

not saying that kind of selling does not happen, but if you do the gun is still in your name so if it is used in a crime they are going to come and want to have a chat with you

so what would make you think a ban on assault weapons or magazine capacity is going to change anything? besides the fact that there are millions of each already out there.The only thing it will do at most is fuel a black market much like illegal drugs and I think we all know how that is going.
I have no issue with a number of things he is doing but banning the magazines and guns are a useless folly. I have a number of each and it has never occurred to me to use them in a mass shooting. I do however enjoy going to a range and using them.

I totally agree.... Kinda stupid to do this. Now the good guy is gonna have an Ak47 with only 7 bullets, while the criminal got an AK47 with (what is it?) 200?

I think America is hopeless when it comes to fixing this issue. It is way to late for trying to figure out a fix - only because the US is based on GUN violence - "ya know.... it in da 2nd Amendment."

Speaking of violence, I was wondering, since the GUN-Lovers are blaming Hollywood and the video-gaming industry for America's massacres, has anyone ever thought of the fact that the movies and games are available worldwide?

So based on that notion, Europe and the rest of the world, that gets fed all the American Entertainment crap, should be having the same kind of violence/massacre problem as USA.

Ohhh wait, though... there is one problem though, one missing ingredient.... The GUN

Reactions: 2 people
By the way, I was talking to the sweetest gal the other day. Known her for years. Absolute sweet cookie. Has four kids. She said she wanted to go get a gun before they make them illegal, because she wants to be able to protect her children if they ever come rob her house.

I say: "wow, from where do these people get these ideas that something like that is going to happen to them down the road?"

Gee

Yeah, because we all know criminals don't buy guns from criminals !

By the way, I was talking to the sweetest gal the other day. Known her for years. Absolute sweet cookie. Has four kids. She said she wanted to go get a gun before they make them illegal, because she wants to be able to protect her children if they ever come rob her house.

I say: "wow, from where do these people get these ideas that something like that is going to happen to them down the road?"

Gee
Big story, here in Georgia and happened very recently and another good reason for a bigger clip! Why isn't the national media all over this one ?

"After rummaging around the house a bit, Slater finally made his way to the office and opened the door where the woman was hiding with her children. Skipping a formal introduction, the woman used a .38 revolver fired six shots at Slater’s head. Five of those shots hit Slater in the face and neck area.
Even though the woman had given Slater five new holes to breath from, the man was not dead and was still conscious. He was face-down on the ground crying, but conscious. As the woman came out of hiding, she informed Slater that if he moved. she would shoot his ass again. Slater stayed put and the woman fled to a neighbor’s home with her kids."
He was later apprehended, with 5 bullet holes, trying to flee the scene !

Big story, here in Georgia and happened very recently and another good reason for a bigger clip! Why isn't the national media all over this one ?

Why would they be? She used six rounds, and that effectively ended the incident.

You get that you undercut your own argument with the very evidence you tried to provide, right?

Why would they be? She used six rounds, and that effectively ended the incident.

You get that you undercut your own argument with the very evidence you tried to provide, right?

Right ! She fired 6 rounds, hit him with 5 "AND" he still managed to try to evade capture and is "STILL" alive !
Or is it that Liberals believe intruders have rights too !