"Offer" rescinded

Consistent - now, that's a word that few believe is a part of Arpey's vocabulary.

One of the best bosses I ever had was an absolute SOB, every day, every hour and minute - there was no doubt with this guy. He wouldn't lie to anyone, to the point of being painful and insensitive. He was one of the best bosses I ever had - when he finally got it through his thick head I was going to tolerate his crap (and smile at him) regardless of whether he liked it or not, we started getting along fine, and he's still one I call a friend 30 years later. He's also still a SOB.

With Arpey and minions, all that's for certain is their lines have been rehearsed for maximum (they believe) effect and more often than not bear little resemblance to anyone's concept of the truth - strictly the company line with a "let's hose the workers" attitude with the board's blessings (best example - the "Bring Me My Fool" cartoons).

You're right - Arpey is consistent, and occasionally downright entertaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY..Goose,

You just described...(Uncle) BOBBY CRANDALL...to a tee ! :up:

HEY..Goose,

You just described...(Uncle) BOBBY CRANDALL...to a tee ! :up:

Bears - I wasn't even thinking about him when I was typing but you're right - the first part is definitely a good description of Uncle Bob.

I was thinking about an old supervisor named Jack I had years ago. He was a real piece of work if you didn't take the time to get past the BS on the outside.

Remember Little Jimmy - he went to court in 2003 to have it affirmed he has the right as prez to accept a contract on our behalf (as he did after Carty's shenanigans came to light and we wanted a re-vote) after the first vote by the rank and file.

And the International stated that vote took place in 1946. Since contracts dont expire under thr RLA they said they have the right to impose any changes at any time. The only reson why they bother with the "negotiations committee" is to create the illusion that the members elected reps have a say. The bInternational knows that if the truth were known that they would stand a good chance to getting decertified.

And you should vote yes. I know we're all weary of hearing about fuel costs, but the reality is that AA has already paid something like $3 billion more in fuel costs since the start of the year. Is there anything left to go around?

FF,

You want cheap airfares coupled with disgruntled employees? Fly NWA, at least till they go out of business.

Read and comprehend... I will NOT subsidize cheap airfare. Fuel is too expensive? Well, I guess YOU will have to pay more for a ticket. Economics 101, costs go up raise the price of your product. If you can't then close the doors.

And you should vote yes. I know we're all weary of hearing about fuel costs, but the reality is that AA has already paid something like $3 billion more in fuel costs since the start of the year. Is there anything left to go around?

Of course there is something left to go around! Just ask the executives, they are the ones who get it!

Be careful what you wish for. Especially in an an economy that will be taking on more and more unemployed as time goes on.

Do not misread what I wrote. I do NOT wish for AA to go out of business. However, if AA can not price their product accordingly and assume that I will continue to provide top quality aircraft maintenance while management awards themselves stock/bonuses then AA should fail.

This is not a wish. It is reality.

Do not misread what I wrote. I do NOT wish for AA to go out of business. However, if AA can not price their product accordingly and assume that I will continue to provide top quality aircraft maintenance while management awards themselves stock/bonuses then AA should fail.

<_< ------Ken, unfortunately I don't believe upper management has come to that realization "yet"!!! With all the "work together, win together" B.S., I believe there's still this "class" difference in their minds that they can't, or don't want to, overcome! And I don't think that will change soon!

Whether you wish for it or whether you feel it is a reality is not really the issue. I know there is a breaking point for wages/living expenses but I think management knows that most people are too scared to be out of a job. They would rather have a bit of income verses no income and a result are willing to endure cuts regardless of how unfair they are.

Whether you feel it is justified or not, I would be willing to bet that you will be asked to take further cuts and that a majority of your co-workers will accept them because they see the economy and the fact that it is very difficult to get a new job at anywhere close to what they are making now. The way things are going it will be getting a lot worse before it starts to improve. At least I hope it improves.

The way things are going it will be getting a lot worse before it starts to improve. At least I hope it improves.

But it always seems to improve for the executives, don't ya think?

We take the cuts, they take the PUPs!

enough already,

... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: HOW DARE YOU...INSINUATE that there is a MAJORITY of MORONS(With NO BALLS between their legs),...in TULSA ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remember, this is the same local that could not even bring themselves to publicly promote a strike vote. The leAAdership instructed people to refer to it as a BLUE ZEBRaa!!!! :ph34r:

But it always seems to improve for the executives, don't ya think?

We take the cuts, they take the PUPs!

Short of shutting the company down do you have a way to remedy that problem? They will be able to find work, or even if they are not, they have enough money to wait it out for a bit. Do you? Do you think they know that? I don't care about right or wrong what should or should not be. What I am concerned about is what IS. That is what I have to work with. The fairytale about right and wrong is merely a distraction. I'd keep my eyeon the ballif I were you.

Remember, this is the same local that could not even bring themselves to publicly promote a strike vote. The leAAdership instructed people to refer to it as a BLUE ZEBRaa!!!! :ph34r:
But unlike Miami, at least their president voted to not bring back this concessionary package. <_<

But unlike Miami, at least their president voted to not bring back this concessionary package. <_<

My understanding, and I may very well be wrong, is that the reason the OH base presidents voted NO was because there were no "special" provisions unique to those bases to ensure a YES vote.

Oh yes, times they are a changing!

Latest posts

Back