Operational Update

LMAO. Are you actually under the impression that those are good stats????!!!

Do you know where a 64% arrival rate and a 98% completion rate gets you ranked?

Absolutely dead last.
OK, what does a 99.4% completion rate get you? That's what May 9th produced.

OK, what does a 99.4% completion rate get you? That's what May 9th produced.

An average to slightly below average day.

As a general rule, the completion factor should never be below 99% and the arrival rate should never be below 75%, absent a major weather system over one of your hubs.

It wasn't that long ago that we routinely saw those numbers.

An average to slightly below average day.

As a general rule, the completion factor should never be below 99% and the arrival rate should never be below 75%, absent a major weather system over one of your hubs.

It wasn't that long ago that we routinely saw those numbers.
Well, you're seeing them now when the east pilot group is apparently at it's most furious.

So unless you have an army of reserves covering your sick calls, I'd say that the number of truely pissed off east pilots is not all that great. And that number will decrease substantially over time as emotions cool and most of the east pilots reach the "acceptance" stage.

Well, you're seeing them now when the east pilot group is apparently at it's most furious.

So unless you have an army of reserves covering your sick calls, I'd say that the number of truely pissed off east pilots is not all that great. And that number will decrease substantially over time as emotions cool and most of the east pilots reach the "acceptance" stage.

Perhaps, perhaps not. If the East pilots decide they really want to burn down the house, burnt it will be. I'm no pilot, but I work in operations. Trust me on this one.

And mocking them when they decide to be professional and come to work doesn't help matters.

Perhaps, perhaps not. If the East pilots decide they really want to burn down the house, burnt it will be. I'm no pilot, but I work in operations. Trust me on this one.

And mocking them when they decide to be professional and come to work doesn't help matters.
No, its "perhaps." And if they don't do it now, they won't do it later.

And as for mocking them - hardly. I've already bumped into a couple east crews on my trips and they were very pleasant. Obviously, this topic was never broached.

But there are goons out there who have taken this too far and I've taken it upon myself to either deflect their vitriol or give it right back to them.

I understand they're upset, but we're not six anymore.

No, its "perhaps." And if they don't do it now, they won't do it later.

And as for mocking them - hardly. I've already bumped into a couple east crews on my trips and they were very pleasant. Obviously, this topic was never broached.

But there are goons out there who have taken this too far and I've taken it upon myself to either deflect their vitriol or give it right back to them.

I understand they're upset, but we're not six anymore.

I doubt you are very qualified to judge the future actions of the East crews after "bumping into them a couple of times." I've dealt with them for quite a few years. I do not share your confidence.

I understand that it would fit your agenda nicely if everything would just simmer down and the East would just learn to live with the award. To be honest, it would make my job a lot easier if they did. But I'm not so foolish as to spout off on a message board after 1 day of average operations.

So I really don't care what it is you've "taken upon yourself." Let sleeping dogs lie.

I doubt you are very qualified to judge the future actions of the East crews after "bumping into them a couple of times." I've dealt with them for quite a few years. I do not share your confidence.

I understand that it would fit your agenda nicely if everything would just simmer down and the East would just learn to live with the award. To be honest, it would make my job a lot easier if they did. But I'm not so foolish as to spout off on a message board after 1 day of average operations.

So I really don't care what it is you've "taken upon yourself." Let sleeping dogs lie.
Believe me, if they were "sleeping" instead of making tasteless remarks refering to one of our pilots that died in HI, I'd let it be.

And its been TWO days.

Any specific reasons stand out? Like lack of Crews? MTC?

With all the planes that have been returned and the planes out of service for cabin mods, paint, etc there arent a lot of spares if something happens. We had a flight canx last month and tried to do some kind of swap and the West people said they had 13 planes out that day alone with nothing to cover. Maybe they need to adjust the skd again with all the "extra" action going on so we have something to work with if something does go out for a day or so. We've had a lot of late flights (757 mainly) due to equip swap on the routing during the day. Would guess this was maint related with nothing left to put into service so they swap to try to minimize the delays as much as possible.

Back