Orange Ribbon For F/a

joanjet

Mar 17, 2003
:) Much to my surprise I just recieved an e-mail about offering an 'olive branch' to the former TWA flight attendants. It appears we are being asked to wear an orange ribbon to show our support of former TWA flight attendants being given some sort of credit for their seniority they accrued at TWA, as a peace offering for them to unify with us and drop the lawsuits. Apparently, it looks like they may be recalled soon, or so says the rumor mill. Stranger things have happened, I supose.

Why would anyone at APFA would entertain the idea of settling before the motion to dismiss is acted upon by the Judge? If you have to settle a lawsuit because the suit has merit, it would seem to me that you wait until the parties strengths and weaknesses are at least somewhat obvious to both sides. But then the parties may already have a sense of where the case is going without a judical ruling.

I know i'm opening a can or worms with this but oh well. There is a rumor going around that Tommie is interested in taking this (the SIA) out of court and putting it before an arbitrator. I've heard this many times now and am beginning to think this is true. I mean look at her last message about how much money we are spending in the courts. If that isn't hinting i don't know what is.
Disclaimer: I am a junior person (under 5 years) and I am actually for the TWA fa's getting what the pilots got. A weaving upon the seniorities. I didn't believe this before but am now in favor of it and don't believe these orange ribbons would do anything but patronize them.

Well persoanlly I would wear an orange ribbon as support to my brothers and sisters at TWA. There have been some harsh words on both sides and I think the time has come to unify.

Personally I would honored to wear the riobbon. I would hope that I would be well received amongst my TWA collegues.

I absolutely agree that we should support those from TWA. However, I have never NOT supported them. As far as weaving the seniorities, I think that's taking it a little too far. If that were to happen then watch out. Reno will be back wanting the same thing.

What Unity?

fliboi78 said:
I know i'm opening a can or worms with this but oh well. There is a rumor going around that Tommie is interested in taking this (the SIA) out of court and putting it before an arbitrator. I've heard this many times now and am beginning to think this is true. I mean look at her last message about how much money we are spending in the courts. If that isn't hinting i don't know what is.
Disclaimer: I am a junior person (under 5 years) and I am actually for the TWA fa's getting what the pilots got. A weaving upon the seniorities. I didn't believe this before but am now in favor of it and don't believe these orange ribbons would do anything but patronize them.
[post="190965"][/post]​
From Tommie and the APFA web site. Rumor: I've been hearing that Tommie is going to give TWA their Seniority. Is this true? If so, why did she say in her HotLine message last week that she WASN'T going to give them their seniority. I also heard she plans to mediate a possible settlement giving some of our seniority away? What's the real story?

Response: This is absolutely false. Tommie has stated unequivocally that she is fully committed to defending and protecting the current Seniority Integration Agreement as it was passed by the Board of Directors several years ago.

This rumor can be traced back to the onset of the National Officer campaign at the end of last year and has lived many lives since. Now that Tommie is APFA President, we are able to use official means of communication to get the truth out to you, the membership. Please rely on these means as APFA's official position on all issues. Click here for the APFA Hotline dated September 3, 2004.

crew4aa said:
Well persoanlly I would wear an orange ribbon as support to my brothers and sisters at TWA.
[post="190978"][/post]​

Wayne,

Thank you for the kind words. By the way, I understand that congratulations are in order.

Maybe wearing a ribbon would be nice gesture but I think that it still wouldn't be enough. There are still people out on the streets. Single parents who are trying to make ends meet. I know, I was there. For the longest time I thought that if the TWA fas would come back that I would most likely loose my job. But I do understand that they are the ones who cultuvated most of these routes that we are flying. And that since we did acquire TWA's assets that we should give them what was theirs, their routes and try some how to integrate everyone. What is going to happen when they do come back (and that isn't long)? I don't want to work with hostility. Hopefully that won't happen. We need everyone back! NOW!

As for mike quoting the APFA site. When have you known anyone in position of power to do what they say? I am not a pessimist nor a optimist but a realist! Just like every other "promise" in this industry...I will believe it when I see it. Also I think that TWA either way would win. And I hope they do. They have really been treated like crappola.

fliboi78 said:
Maybe wearing a ribbon would be nice gesture but I think that it still wouldn't be enough. There are still people out on the streets. Single parents who are trying to make ends meet. I know, I was there. For the longest time I thought that if the TWA fas would come back that I would most likely loose my job. But I do understand that they are the ones who cultuvated most of these routes that we are flying. And that since we did acquire TWA's assets that we should give them what was theirs, their routes and try some how to integrate everyone. What is going to happen when they do come back (and that isn't long)? I don't want to work with hostility. Hopefully that won't happen. We need everyone back! NOW!

As for mike quoting the APFA site. When have you known anyone in position of power to do what they say? I am not a pessimist nor a optimist but a realist! Just like every other "promise" in this industry...I will believe it when I see it. Also I think that TWA either way would win. And I hope they do. They have really been treated like crappola.
[post="191012"][/post]​

================================================
Folks,
Please allow one (gettin' old and fat) happily RETIRED AA/FSC to "dust off" an old opinion, that I've posted here many many times.

IMHO, I always thought that LLC was due(out of "Union respect", not a legality, though it might play out that way), a "RATIO" formula for occ. seniority !!

Example: if there were 20,000 AA f/a's, and 5000 LLC f/a's, that they could have merged the occ. list 4 to 1.

NH/BB's

Ps,
I can't prove "this" theory, but I think/hope that THB, is the best thing to happen to APFA, in a loooooong time.

I too would like to say thanks for the kind words from the AA F/As. However, resolution of this issue is not up to THB. She can have her opinion, but some form of settlement of whatever kind is more likely to develop out of the strength or weaknesses of the parties arguments before the courts. I would imagine any moves towards settlement are also up to the APFA BOD whenever that time arrives.

We've recieved mixed messages on this orange ribbon thing. The word on our side is that it is a show of unity against the TWA f/a's. So which is it?

If there is the least bit of support for us out there we totally appreciate it, but why is it surfacing only now? Could it be because we're eventually coming back much to the dismay of many and now they want to mend the fences? And who chose orange?...LOL How about red and white!

L1011Ret said:
I too would like to say thanks for the kind words from the AA F/As. However, resolution of this issue is not up to THB. She can have her opinion, but some form of settlement of whatever kind is more likely to develop out of the strength or weaknesses of the parties arguments before the courts. I would imagine any moves towards settlement are also up to the APFA BOD whenever that time arrives.
[post="191067"][/post]​

Yes this is right the BOD would decide the seniority thing with TWA just like they did with us at Reno Air,but i dont think it going to happen TWA folks and if it does us Reno folks will want it also

Butt we will see :shock: :shock:

I'm not so sure about the Reno folks, the TWAers case revolves around promises made by AA and APFA about seniority, something that did not happen to the Reno folks.

We are the laughing stock of the labor union front, the only right and honorable thing to do is give former TWA their DOH or something similar. Those against are nothing but selfish, anti-union individual egotists, to put it mildly. And no, I have not changed my position, it has been the same from day one.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
================================================
Folks,
Please allow one (gettin' old and fat) happily RETIRED AA/FSC to "dust off" an old opinion, that I've posted here many many times.

IMHO, I always thought that LLC was due(out of "Union respect", not a legality, though it might play out that way), a "RATIO" formula for occ. seniority !!

Example: if there were 20,000 AA f/a's, and 5000 LLC f/a's, that they could have merged the occ. list 4 to 1.

NH/BB's

Ps,
I can't prove "this" theory, but I think/hope that THB, is the best thing to happen to APFA, in a loooooong time.
[post="191036"][/post]​

Thank you, Bear,

You have been not only the STRONGEST union man on this board, but also the most fair-minded regarding the integration of our two work-forces. It is my belief that your "RATIO" formula would have eliminated much of the division between our two groups of employees and you, SIR, have consistantly supported that position.

Please know that this has been respected and appreciated,

A friend :)

Latest posts

Back