Other Fleet Types In New C/s

aj04878

Feb 8, 2003
Does anyone know what the timeline is to see other fleet types in the new livery?? I know that the aircraft will we be repainted at regular maintnence checks, but are any of these on the horizon for aircraft other than the Airbust Narrow Body and the CRJ.

What about on the Express side?

aj04878 said:
Does anyone know what the timeline is to see other fleet types in the new livery?? I know that the aircraft will we be repainted at regular maintnence checks, but are any of these on the horizon for aircraft other than the Airbust Narrow Body and the CRJ.

What about on the Express side?
[post="303460"][/post]​
I know HP has 2 new Airbus coming this month. We will have to see if thay come with the new livery

I believe they can come in a transitional livery, but the plane must still say "Operating As/By America West Airlines" that is visible from the outside.

Kinda like how TWA got inhilated by AA with that ugly transitional scheme.

My thoughts were that the new deliveries that had already been painted would be modified to the throwback design that was displayed at the unveiling roadshow.

Look back to Hughes Airwest and Republic , and also Republic and Northwest. The surviving name was washed over the old name. On Hughes Airwest aircraft the name had been under the window line. The name was turned into a racing strip and Republic was painted above the windows. Northwest painted a white rectangle block over Republic, painted Northwest over that.

In the case of Hughes Airwest. the legal name of the company before integration was "Republic Airlines-West Inc." It continued to us the designator of RW. The connecting flights between the two were handled as interlines.

I have heard from one source US is starting a 757 Paint Track in November. I had heard from another source US was starting a 767 Paint Track in November with the first two being painted in Star Alliance colors !

LGA777

Well, it is my understanding that you are required to have a certian percentage of your fleet painted in the Star Alliance colors as part of joining up, so that might explain why they are goiing to do that.

As for the rest of the fleet, the main idea was to only do what was necessary, and repaint as the planes were added or when their turn in the paint shop came around. So I would asuume that it will be sometime until many airframes with the new paintjob start showing up.

Rumor is that PDT will begin painting in Jan.

Maybe the white paint will make them just a little bit cooler in the summertime.

Maybe.......

LGA777 said:
I have heard from one source US is starting a 757 Paint Track in November. I had heard from another source US was starting a 767 Paint Track in November with the first two being painted in Star Alliance colors !

LGA777
[post="303612"][/post]​
US does not paint its own planes, it is outsourced so they won't start a track they will vendor the work out.

The EPA has seen to the stop of that, the last plane painted in-house were the roll on jobs of the f28, us has not painted any other fleet types in years as everything was bare metal.

NeedForSpeed said:
we used to paint our planes
[post="303856"][/post]​

Yup...

And we used to have all res inhouse,

We used to have IT inhouse,

We used to have no express,

We even used to lead the industry in RJ's without them being outsourced - the F28 & BAC 111.

Everybody in the company can look around and see employees of other companies doing the jobs our people used to do.

Jim

Saw a AirWis CRJ in new livery today:

112683819.jpg

So will they paint the U 733s and 4s or not? Those are the ones that need it the most, but they are also being phased out....

700UW, I am aware we don't paint aircraft in house. perhaps I used the wrong term when I said "Paint Track" what I was trying to say was one line of flying for either a 757 or 767 or both would be replaced by one aircraft at a time going somwhere to be painted at a contract paint location.

And here is a question for HP Mtc folks, I believe at one time HP did paint their aircraft at the PHX Hangar, has it since been contracted out of is it still done in house ?

Regards

LGA777

Back