Our Real Enemies now pressuring Washington for more foreign MRO.

You are both correct. It does have to do with AA greed, just like it has to do with greed in the matketplace.

I will add that as long as it is okayed by our government then it's just companies trying to compete.

Allowed by the goverment? Its because the UNIONs and the AFCIO which is supposed to be about labor in this country allow it. We all pay dues, no matter which carrier or union, but no real push from labor to stop it.
No big adds in News papers or tv adds asking why FAA allows this to happen to the industry.
We all get all this false check ups to get on/off AOA yet in other countries we have people who are and will never get the back ground checks we are required to get. Even the TSA scam that we renew our badge and take driving test to move Aircraft. Its all about the money and NOT the security of the aircraft or how well they are maintained.

You can see by the above post that it was approved in a change to the FARs in 1988.
Most of the security measures we have now for travellers and aviation/airport workers were implemented post 911. Sadly it may take a similar incident to get politicians to see the insanity in this.

When UAL mechanics agreed to outsourcing in their BK they included langauge that the narrow bodies could only be done in the US. We have no limitations as to where they send the work.

As MROs are having a hard time getting a retaining mechanics their costs increase and quality issues are motivating UAL to bring work back in house.

Allowed by the goverment? Its because the UNIONs and the AFCIO which is supposed to be about labor in this country allow it. We all pay dues, no matter which carrier or union, but no real push from labor to stop it.
No big adds in News papers or tv adds asking why FAA allows this to happen to the industry.
We all get all this false check ups to get on/off AOA yet in other countries we have people who are and will never get the back ground checks we are required to get. Even the TSA scam that we renew our badge and take driving test to move Aircraft. Its all about the money and NOT the security of the aircraft or how well they are maintained.

Re. Allowed by the goverment? Its because the UNIONs and the AFCIO which is supposed to be about labor in this country allow it. We all pay dues, no matter which carrier or union, but no real push from labor to stop it.

True! The Obama administration owes unions and is in a great position at this moment, to score much needed swing votes.

However, we need to make allies among everyone who works at any U.S. based MRO company, (assuming they aren't in business with the offshore chop-shops) because it is more than just "union" A&Ps lose jobs.... all the support staff too, along with the local businesses around the domestic MRO's.
Get my drift? We can build up more and more friends among our number if we work at it.

I have a couple of questions.

Since this outsource issue keeps coming up as a personal attack on Ken, I would like to know why we just agreed to 35% outsource language and what has the AFL-CIO or the so-called TWU Poltical Power done to stop outsourcing?

It just seems to me that TWU supporters keep making this an issue as long it is a personal attack, but when it comes to the real meat and pototoes of prevention in any possible way, they are silent. Why is that?

I just see it as another typical "double standard" that seems to be common practice amongst TWU supporters.

"Common sense" has nothing to do with it! The name of the game at AA is "greed"!!!! ------ It really is that simple!
Greed it is not. If the playing field changes to include foreign repair stations at a lower price, businesses will use it. If a publicly held business is willing to sacrifice profit for investors over principle, they are doomed.

Right or wrong, profit is what drives AA.

Greed it is not. If the playing field changes to include foreign repair stations at a lower price, businesses will use it. If a publicly held business is willing to sacrifice profit for investors over principle, they are doomed.

Right or wrong, profit is what drives AA.

IMHO, No, it's pretty much greed. It 'used to be' that corporations had ethics and a national glue for their country. Now not so much. Everyone wants to move their finances to off shore (which may be why Romney doesn't want his taxes released?) either by a corp move or other means. Our 'business ethics' has been moving for quite some time not for the betterment of the Merikan Pepples (IMHO).

The 'global economy' is great for the people that can take advantage of it, not so much for us whom take it in the a$$.

B) xUT

When UAL mechanics agreed to outsourcing in their BK they included langauge that the narrow bodies could only be done in the US. We have no limitations as to where they send the work.

As MROs are having a hard time getting a retaining mechanics their costs increase and quality issues are motivating UAL to bring work back in house.
AMFA agreed to outsourcing to El Salvador.

50% of billable hours. Some goes to Aeroman, TImoc and ST at BHM.

And it took two trips through chapter 11 and an CBA abrogation to get outsourcing.

I have a couple of questions.

Since this outsource issue keeps coming up as a personal attack on Ken, I would like to know why we just agreed to 35% outsource language and what has the AFL-CIO or the so-called TWU Poltical Power done to stop outsourcing?

It just seems to me that TWU supporters keep making this an issue as long it is a personal attack, but when it comes to the real meat and pototoes of prevention in any possible way, they are silent. Why is that?

I just see it as another typical "double standard" that seems to be common practice amongst TWU supporters.

This thread was never intended by me at least, to be a personal attack on anyone. We need every friend we can find.

AMFA agreed to outsourcing to El Salvador.

And your proof is available, where? Irrelevant though. We need to eliminate the foreign repair stations as a threat.

Our goal should be to educate people who will influence the President and Congress to do the right thing, protect American jobs, and BRING CIVIL AIRLINER OVERHAUL BACK TO THE USA.

Politicians could care less about middle class jobs evidently.
I predict that it will come back on its own eventually. Just as soon as all airline overhaul has been dismantled, the wages and benefits can be reduced to TIMCO and AAR levels and the jobs will return.
Just like some other manufacturing jobs that were once good middle class careers are now returning from out of the country. Minus the generous benefit and retirement packages.

Politicians could care less about middle class jobs evidently.
I predict that it will come back on its own eventually. Just as soon as all airline overhaul has been dismantled, the wages and benefits can be reduced to TIMCO and AAR levels and the jobs will return.
Just like some other manufacturing jobs that were once good middle class careers are now returning from out of the country. Minus the generous benefit and retirement packages.

If foreign repair stations were place off limits to U.S. airlines, the wages at TIMCO and similar companies would rise as well as yours and mine.

Back