Our Reward

I'm skeptical that AA actually found $500 million from a combination of new savings and new insourced maintenance. After all, as has been reported here (somewhat often), management is not to be trusted; more simply, management are liars.

Why would management lie about achieving this "goal?"

Easier to lie and offer everyone a $4 lunch than admit failure. What's the harm? If they admitted they failed, and didn't follow thru with the implied threat (closing/downsizing TULE and outsourcing a lot more maintenance), then the workers would see just how impotent management really is. And just like in A Bug's Life the grasshoppers can't allow the ants to see that truth.

On the other hand, if management really did find an additional $500 million of new business and cost savings in Tulsa, then they really did earn their PUP payouts. And then some.

Your TWU leaders should be strung up for failing to negotiate a share of this $500 million for the members (besides this simple lunch). Boggles my mind that you guys pay dues to these NYC bus driver union thugs. In Oklahoma, no less. For a long time. Thousands of guys even more impotent than AA's management.

I see you're tune is changing again. I've said all along that AA makes up figures, (like the $3.5 billion loss in 2003) to achieve what they want with labor. Now you seem to feel the same way.

$500 million? Just a number, on the one hand they claim that they saved $500 million and just a few weeks back they announced that their labor costs were unexpectedly higher. So which is it, did they cut costs or simply transfer them?

When they send C-check cards out to the line, pay OT as a result, do they still credit Tulsa with the manhours for the card or for the C-check accomplishment? If they moved out the C-check work so they could bring in third party work can they really count that as additional income for the base when they havent been accomplishing what they are there for? The fact is its misleading which is what we have come to expect from AA management.

By making the announcement about costs going up they covered themselves with the SEC, yet they still get to spin things for the consumption of the workforce. Why? Because its a psycological game they are playing. The workforce is demoralized and less productive-the debacle in Austin is a prime example-(http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/04/INGFLNSJ6M1.DTL)and they want to make them feel that despite the lower pay everybody else is happy in the hopes that people will simply accept poverty with a smile on their face for the customers.

By the way Local 100 has zero effect on what happens in the ATD. Jim Little, the head of the TWU comes from AA management, not from Local 100. Besides most of us wish we were more like Local 100, "thugs" or not.

I am hearing rumors that twu International compAAny man Jimmy Do-little has told his AA management "friends" he wants a contract by April 2008. They start "talking" in November 2007, so in less than six months, he wants it over and signed. ( I would say voted for, but we all know how that works in the twu ;) )

What the hell is the hurry Jim??? Is it so you can shove a 6 year 1.5% raise a year concessionary contract up our crack like the twu did in 1995??? Sounds like its already a done deal......get ready folks......I feel another card drive coming on real soon. :up: :up: :up:

I am hearing rumors that twu International compAAny man Jimmy Do-little has told his AA management "friends" he wants a contract by April 2008. They start "talking" in November 2007, so in less than six months, he wants it over and signed. ( I would say voted for, but we all know how that works in the twu ;) )

What the hell is the hurry Jim??? Is it so you can shove a 6 year 1.5% raise a year concessionary contract up our crack like the twu did in 1995??? Sounds like its already a done deal......get ready folks......I feel another card drive coming on real soon. :up: :up: :up:
The sooner the better.