Outsourcing The Airbus

if i were stuck with this dilema......as to contracting the bus fleet out to ACTS...i think while you are under two carrier status...one could sell off the U bus fleet and replace them with different aircraft but on the AWA side of the company..... two separate maintenance agreements but one allows outsourcing the other doesn't.....so you make them go away under the one and replace them with different a/c under the other.....viola. :shock:

if i were stuck with this dilema......as to contracting the bus fleet out to ACTS...i think while you are under two carrier status...one could sell off the U bus fleet and replace them with different aircraft but on the AWA side of the company..... two separate maintenance agreements but one allows outsourcing the other doesn't.....so you make them go away under the one and replace them with different a/c under the other.....viola. :shock:
A very real possibility..Time will Tell.

No collective bargaining agreement, employees become employees at will and the company can change wages, benefits, workrules and working condtions to anything the company wants to do and change it anytime they please.

And.... What's wrong with that? At
least the employees would be able
to determine their own self worth,
and work scope, rather than having
someone else do it for them.

And.... What's wrong with that? At
least the employees would be able
to determine their own self worth,
and work scope, rather than having
someone else do it for them.

LOL........your "own self worth" will come to you shortly after you are standing outside the company doors with the pink slip in your hand and the "reason for termination" on the pink slip is "no cause". :)

"The Employee's determine their own self-worth" (Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!)

That statement has to be the laugh of the century. :lol:

I have spoken with a friend whom is in a Unionized position with present day U , This friend has always wrongfully felt like he was making "Second Best" money when compared to a counterpart at DL prior to their filing Chapter 11.

The friend at U recently told me that his friend/counterpart at DL is now looking for another job..as his "Non-Unionized" yet alike position has been frozen for pay purposes since back in 2001. The same cannot be said of the Unionized Employee at U...even with concessions and Rubber Stamp impositions being applied to U's Unionized workers over the years.

Before those whom like to argue jump in..The above situation is not true of all positons when a comparison is drawn between the two companies in all situations..this is one job head to head..and two companies head to head.

The DL Employee being "At Will" and in the exact same job capacity as our Unionized friend at U...is now making $5,000.00 less than the U person...and all DL had to do was tell them what the company thought of their worth.

So much for the theory of the "Employee determining his/her self-worth".

The U Employee has a set scale of progression in place..warts and all , and he knows exactly when his/her worth to the company will cease to grow..and at that point , the U Employee knows to either live with that wage , or be looking and preparing for greener pastures.

A person can determine their own self worth...but this determination is going to be based on a number of factors.

(1) The industry the person is in.
(2) The shape of that industry
(3) The persons level of education
(4) The location of where the job is at.
(5) Can the person make a go in his/her own business and determine their own wage and compensation levels?
(6) How well..or how poorly is the economy doing?

"The Employee's determine their own self-worth" (Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!)

That statement has to be the laugh of the century. :lol:

Phantom:

Okay. Maybe I phrased it wrong, but
here's my point. "At will" employees
generally determine their own worth
to any company. If they come to work
every day, prepared to work, and they
make themselves invaluable in their
position, they can basically write
their own ticket, at least in the
department they are working in.

If, on the other hand, they don't
excel in their position, but merely
do what is required, they can expect
a fairly long career with raises
when the company has the resources
to do so.

It's no secret that management
employees at US Airways, with few
exceptions, have received few
income increases during the past 3
years of famine and BK, but, the
alternative was being in a union
and taking large decreases in
pay, just as most union members
at US have done. Some of us have
managed to increase our income
during the bad times, and it
can be attributed to going above
and beyond the job description
on an individual basis. Self
identity and self determination
of worth is not an option for
union members.

Unions have a purpose, and in
good times, they can reap many
benefits for their represented
employees, but in bad times,
everyone loses whether they are
doing a stellar job or not, or
whether they are the laziest
person on the team. Why would
anyone want to limit their potential
to the confines of a union contract
that is decided by others?

Spindoc,
"You can't teach a pig to sing. It frustrates the pig and wastes your time."

If you are an above and beyond indiviual you should beable to get that pig to sing. It's your job you were given the project. Your self worth will be determined by what songs you teach the pig to sing and how well it sounds. If the pig gets frustrated it is up to you to keep the complaining pig from bothering any of the project managers. While you are accomplishing this task you must show how much you love your job and how much you want to keep it by having the singing pig ready ahead of schedule. Remember the bosses "fair haired" manager is your project manager. You need to make the manager look good. You have two weeks. Get started.

Most of the time you don't hear about the union member doing his/her job "above and beyond". Most of what you hear is about that "lazy" union member that gets paid for being lazy. I will guarantee you that members of both the IAM and the IBT have done their jobs above and beyond, many times over and you will still not hear about the good job they are doing, unless you want to hear it. :)

Are you that ignorant?

The IAM is negotiating a TRANSISTION Agreement to bring all of you HP AMTs under our CBA.

There is no loop hole.

And I am still waiting for you to answer the questions about the RLA and Section 6.

Why is the IAM negotiatin a transition agreement when they have not been certified as the union for the whole unit. The only union that can talk with the company is the IBT.

Please show me where it states in the RLA that the only union that can talk to the company is the ibt.

The company is negotiating a transition agreement with the IAM as they know the NMB' policies and the IAM should get single carrier status.

Please show me where it states in the RLA that the only union that can talk to the company is the ibt.

The company is negotiating a transition agreement with the IAM as they know the NMB' policies and the IAM should get single carrier status.

LOL....For some one who says they know about the RLA and NMB you sure do need to ask to many questions about those groups. I suggest that you read them again. We don't mind answering your question and we have answered all of them very well. I know you didn't like some of the answers, but we did answer your questions. :)

You are going off of what you THINK is going to happen. So the company should not be talking to the IAM for anything until they are recognized. The IBT is talking with the company like they have been for the past 24 months.

Is there collusion between the IAM and the company. If what you say is true then you must know something that only the company knows. If it is more beneficial to the company to have the IAM then why are'nt they waiting until the NMB decides.

Maybe the NMB knows something that you don't :up:

We have the cards for a vote........

You are going off of what you THINK is going to happen. So the company should not be talking to the IAM for anything until they are recognized. The IBT is talking with the company like they have been for the past 24 months.
yeah...normal contract negotiations which if you look have all the "sticky little areas" yet to be signed off on....little areas that they will fill in with IAM language when NMB gives it to IAM...
past history dictates it.....
let me be the first to say:welcome to the IAM...

yeah...normal contract negotiations which if you look have all the "sticky little areas" yet to be signed off on....little areas that they will fill in with IAM language when NMB gives it to IAM...
past history dictates it.....
let me be the first to say:welcome to the IAM...

Don't forget about the fat lady dell. She still has to sing......."it ain't over yet".