OWS Backers

The 99%: Official list of Occupy Wall Street’s supporters, sponsors and sympathizers

Makes one wonder which ones will regret it.

Link

WHOA, hey wait a minute Dell,
How come I didn't see...Fox News or Limbaugh or Hannity or the Pastor that pickets the funeral's of DEAD GI's or the Heritage Foundation or the (lets do) COKE bro's or the Guy who said the world was gonna END Twice this year or the Wall St. Journal or Sara Palin or Goldman Sachs or Mr. Bachman(his group CAN PRAY AWAY "GAY")....etc, listed on that list ? :rolleyes:

WHOA, hey wait a minute Dell,
How come I didn't see...Fox News or Limbaugh or Hannity or the Pastor that pickets the funeral's of DEAD GI's or the Heritage Foundation or the (lets do) COKE bro's or the Guy who said the world was gonna END Twice this year or the Wall St. Journal or Sara Palin or Goldman Sachs or Mr. Bachman(his group CAN PRAY AWAY "GAY")....etc, listed on that list ? :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware those you listed are sympathizers......probably because they work for a living and don't want a handout.

Why do you want someone working to pay your way of not working?

I wasn't aware those you listed are sympathizers......probably because they work for a living and don't want a handout.

Why do you want someone working to pay your way of not working?

Dell, believe me...............................All I want for the blue collar grunts like you/me and millions of others who punch the clock is a Fair shake. I want the Middle class to return, I want religion OUT of politics, I want things like the crap Boeing is trying to pull in SC to stop, especially when the workers in Everett WA. are very capable of "crankin' em' out" (787) like they've been doing virtually for a 100 years. If the average working Stiff got a COLA adjustment every year or three years or whatever.....sure they'd "gripe" but they'd take it.
Southwest seems to get it right and still makes a good profit,....UPS get it right, and still does well, Caterpiller gets it right and still does OK. It's Not really Rocket Science DELL !

Thats pretty much ALL I Want.

TB

Dell, believe me...............................All I want for the blue collar grunts like you/me and millions of others who punch the clock is a Fair shake. I want the Middle class to return, I want religion OUT of politics, I want things like the crap Boeing is trying to pull in SC to stop, especially when the workers in Everett WA. are very capable of "crankin' em' out" (787) like they've been doing virtually for a 100 years. If the average working Stiff got a COLA adjustment every year or three years or whatever.....sure they'd "gripe" but they'd take it.
Southwest seems to get it right and still makes a good profit,....UPS get it right, and still does well, Caterpiller gets it right and still does OK. It's Not really Rocket Science DELL !

Just curious, you listed Caterpillar as an example of a company doing it right. I agree completely.

You also know that they have been moving manufacturing away from closed shop states to RTW states since the 1990's, right? Cat has around 47,000 employees in the US, of which only 12,000 are union. As I type, they're building a factory in Victoria, TX that could replace one in IL.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2010/08/09/daily32.html

And it's not the unions driving that as much as it is the taxes. Cat even threatened to "quit Illinois" over the State of Ill's tax rates...

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8036143

That's how Cat has continued to "get it right", so why shouldn't Boeing be able to do likewise and decide where they want build airplanes?

Trust me -- there are blue collar workers in SC who are just as capable and willing to do the work as the guys in WA. The only difference is they have the right to associate if they chose to, as opposed to being forced into unionism at a closed shop.

TB

This crap regarding Boeing is totally out of line.....they can put nonunion operations anywhere they want....its their dime.

You ever hear of Pratt-Whitney? GE?? Why aren't they chastised for nonunion operations?

Imelt sucks Obama's toes for tax breaks, creates jobs in China......WTF?

Get a grip.

Reactions: 1 person

TB

IMHO, Boeing trying to keep work in the US is a stellar move.
Yes it will probably be an open shop, putting otherwise underemployed workers to work in SC.
I don't see the downside to this other than Boeing 'may' move more operations to SC.
More jobs in the US (Good Thing). Otherwise Boeing may just shift "MORE" work overseas.
No doubt the the 'Everett Employees' can do the work that they are handling now, but in order to meet demand, the workforce needs to expand. The capacity in Everett can't handle it cost effectively.

Southwest, FedEx, UPS, etc... does not (nor ever) perform HMVs. If you want to 'get it right; agree to outsource all maintenance.
DOH!

At least 4,000 are at the gates to the Port of Oakland

Meanwhile at Whole Foods at 27th and Bay streets, a splinter group wearing all-black and face masks threw paintballs, left graffiti, tore up a fence and broke a window before the larger crowd turned on them and forced them to stop. There were about 75 people inside the store at the time. No injuries were reported.

OWS doesn't like organic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Look at Whole Foods. Look at Bank of America and the Kaiser Center. Look at Chase Bank. It's not even dark yet." Asked if he thinks the city can control the vandalism, Reid sighed, and said simply, "No."

DOH!

Police kept a low profile as the demonstrators took over downtown streets and committed sporadic vandalism. For much of the afternoon the large crowd split off into separate marches, with some staying at the Occupy Oakland camp at Frank H. Ogawa Plaza and participating in teach-ins and sit-ins, and others marching and protesting at various banks located near the Kaiser Center at 20th and Webster streets.

At Bank of America, some protesters pounded on the locked doors, defaced ATMs and broke a window before moving down the street to Wells Fargo.

Several windows were also broken at the Wells Fargo at 12th and Broadway by a splinter group as the majority of demonstrators urged them to stop.

A children's brigade of parents with babies in slings and toddlers in strollers marched from the main library to Frank Ogawa Plaza about 4 p.m., carrying signs that said "Children's Brigade: Occupy the Future."

Anarchy. coming to neighborhoods to you soon...

WOW, Oakland. Where's Angela Davis when you need her :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if this thing EVER rolls into the Port workers union for the Entire west coast(SAN/SEA) the SHET is really gonna hit the ol' proverbial Fan.

The pacific Longshoremans union, The ILWU is THE strongest union in America.....BAR NONE !!

I suspect that if someone's in the National Guard in CA/OR or WA. , they're gonna' see some "action" real soon.

eolesen,
Thanx for the "CAT" update. I wasn't aware of thier make-up (union/non union)

AS for Boeing/CHS, I agree that keeping the jobs in the country is the way to go.
But the IAM has verifiable records that Boeing management wants CHS to dilute the IAM's influence over the 787 project. Furthermore, Everett WA. is able to meet Boeings 787 delivery dates by starting up another line, WHICH boeing has stated would work. So WHY shift 787 work to CHS ?

Boeing has the right to build plants where ever they like, BUT if they're really not "trying to pull a fast one", then agree to send OTHER work to CHS instead of the 787.

UPDATE on the ILWU longshoremen @ the Port/Oakland.

1. Via thier current contract, they cannot join the OWSers
2. If they cannot ENTER or EXIT the port to report/finish work, they are NOT required (by contract) to subject themselves to safety issues : the protesters.

3. (this is just my theory ) If the Oakland cops use force to break up OWS/OAK, this whole thing will Metastise(SP?) Nationwide Very Very quickly.

Methinks this is one "99 to 1" shot thats going to pay off ! ;)
(Got to go and try to find my Jack Nicholsen/HOFFA dvd)
I'm overdue to watch it !

IMHO, Boeing trying to keep work in the US is a stellar move.
Yes it will probably be an open shop, putting otherwise underemployed workers to work in SC.
I don't see the downside to this other than Boeing 'may' move more operations to SC.
More jobs in the US (Good Thing). Otherwise Boeing may just shift "MORE" work overseas.
No doubt the the 'Everett Employees' can do the work that they are handling now, but in order to meet demand, the workforce needs to expand. The capacity in Everett can't handle it cost effectively.

Southwest, FedEx, UPS, etc... does not (nor ever) perform HMVs. If you want to 'get it right; agree to outsource all maintenance.
DOH!

Funny, I thought it was up to the workers to decide whether or not they wanted to unionize in the first place, not the gov't.

Yes Dell, the cops CAN break it up, but I'm sure you know.....that if that started happening nationwide, it would only make the movement EVEN stronger. There's millions of people without work, with a TON of time on thier hands and Nothing to do. Wanna' bet they start checking out the local chapter of "Enough is Enough" !

There's tremendous strenght in tremendous numbers !!!!!!!!!!

AND as this thing grows, the political uninformed will start buying into the BO solution of J O B S.................as opposed to the GOP solution of...NO, NO, NO and NO taxes on the "1" %. It will be at the polling places 1 year from today where it will all play out !

Unless things change real soon, and we know it wont, you can kiss GOP control of ANY branch GOOD BYE !

The Irony will be, GWB won in 04' by scaring people(WMD) and BO could do the same thing with the 1% has ALL the money !

TB

Yes Dell, the cops CAN break it up, but I'm sure you know.....that if that started happening nationwide, it would only make the movement EVEN stronger. There's millions of people without work, with a TON of time on thier hands and Nothing to do. Wanna' bet they start checking out the local chapter of "Enough is Enough" !

There's tremendous strenght in tremendous numbers !!!!!!!!!!

AND as this thing grows, the political uninformed will start buying into the BO solution of J O B S.................as opposed to the GOP solution of...NO, NO, NO and NO taxes on the "1" %. It will be at the polling places 1 year from today where it will all play out !

Unless things change real soon, and we know it wont, you can kiss GOP control of ANY branch GOOD BYE !

The Irony will be, GWB won in 04' by scaring people(WMD) and BO could do the same thing with the 1% has ALL the money !

TB

You better check,DNC is the masters at scaring voters......they launched the housing collapse and almost killed the globe.

And how exactly is BO going to produce jobs? Only cash for unions dude.....last I looked whole lot out of work people don't belong to unions.

Thought you were parading as a GOP wonk this time?

Latest posts