Palin gets blessed from witchcraft

"So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me. You know, he's not patriotic enough. He's got a funny name. You know, he doesn't look like all those other presidents on those dollar bills, you know. He's risky."

That is was in response to others bringing up his race. I do not recall Obama initiating the the race issue. At some point an time, race would have to be dealt with and as I recall, he finally made a speech (Mar 18, 2008) addressing it head on. I remember hearing it and thought it was well thought out and reflected well on him.

Only 11% say they are not willing to vote for an African-American presidential candidate, with an equal number (11%) not sure.

I remember taking a class on surveys (boring as hell) but this issue was discussed at length. Very few people believe they are a racist much less would admit it to anyone. My father in law is a bigot. Of course, the fact that he is not voting for Obama has nothing at all to do with the fact that he is black.

You make it sound as if 11% is not a big deal. The US population is 300 million. Lets figure 200 million registered voters. That's 22 million right there. The undecided is hilarious. Are they not sure if they are a racist? The fact that they are not sure if they would vote for a black is ludicrous. So they are not a blatant racist but race obviously would affect their choice. As far as I am concerned you can add that 11% to the confirmed raciest. So you end up with nearly a quarter of the voting population is affected by race to some degree. And those are just the ones who would admit it.

That is was in response to others bringing up his race. I do not recall Obama initiating the the race issue.

Ahhhh...I beg to digress....this was Obama being Obama live w/o a teleprompter...they don't let him do that anymore.He brought it up and McCain responded. :blink:

You make it sound as if 11% is not a big deal.

I don't know how you came up with that...in another thread YOU poo pooed this very subject.There could be enough voters out there to sway the election with reluctance to vote for a black person.That was my point before and still is.
11% could turn the vote.
Its in a past thread but I don't feel like looking it up.I have to move some money to different banks for security reasons.... :lol:
Later.

No, I meant that it was Obama addressing race that was brought up previously. Obamas race has been an issue from day one but I do not believe it is Obama who made his race an issue.

I thought I always felt race would be an issue. I do not think it will keep Obama out of the WH as I think/hope there are more who will be willing to vote for him and I am hoping a lot o the bigots are also sexists who will sit out the election.

Back