Will Palin Withdraw?

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
As Sarah Palin continues her meltdown, I suspect she will "voluntarily" step aside. In order to keep McCain from having to explain his questionable choice, Palin will step aside because of some trumped up "family values" matter. Trig, her youngest son with special needs, will likely suddenly have a particular need for mother's care and Palin will have to return to family...how ostensibly Republican is that? (Of course, she will not resign the governorship of Alaska. Trig couldn't possibly need her THAT much.)

With that scenario, McCain can express his regrets that his first choice must, for the good of family, leave the ticket. He will continue to maintain that Palin was the right choice, but it is now out of his hands and he will have to choose another running mate.

My bet: Rudy Guiliani, with a side bet on Mitt Romney.

Sarah Palin is not going anywhere. This isn't going to be another Harriet Miers... Unless they find her naked in bed with a small child that's not her own, while taking the Lord's name in vain, she's in.

She's loved by the vast majority of Republicans and despised by the Democrats because it makes the Democrats look anti-female for not picking Hillary Clinton as the running mate. They're handing Hillary's votes to the pro-woman crowd. That's just about like the average Republican candidate to me.

Palin could no more withdraw than Biden. Should Trig all of a sudden 'need' her, she would set her cause back decades. Keep in mind when questioned about that everyone said that it would not be an issue. IIRC, she even said that as well. Should she with draw now it would be seen for what it is. A cover up and an attempt to save the ticket. It would expose McCains choice for what it was, it would put into question his leadership skills and he might as well just pack it in. The conservatives would not care. They liked Palin, bumbling and all. This election is not going to be won on the votes of the extreme right or extreme left. Elections are won based on the independents and this time that is truer then ever. How many independents do you think will vote for a man who does not even vet his VP candidate? McCain clearly put winning above what is good for the country. Granted all politicians do that but in this case there was not even an attempt to hide it. Just like a marriage, this one is for better or worse, till death (loss of election) do they part. Perhaps they should not have skipped over the part when they ask if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, speak up or for ever hold your piece.

BTW, the same hold true for Biden. While he was certainly not the best choice, Obama is stuck with him other wise it makes him look like a fool. Yes, he is a politician and therefore a fool but politics is all about perception not content.

This is probably moot anyway. Early polls indicate that the average American blames the Repubs for economic meltdown (I know. I know. Everybody had a hand in it. But, as Costworth just pointed out, perception is everything in the political game.) Also, the fact that McCain announced he was suspending his campaign to go to Washington and help effect the bailout, followed by a defeat in the House (mostly by Republican congressmen) didn't help his cause.

I guess we are just going to have to wait until November to settle this. Oh darn. I hate having to wait until the actual votes are counted. Deciding it now is so much more fun.

This is probably moot anyway. Early polls indicate that the average American blames the Repubs for economic meltdown (I know. I know. Everybody had a hand in it. But, as Costworth just pointed out, perception is everything in the political game.) Also, the fact that McCain announced he was suspending his campaign to go to Washington and help effect the bailout, followed by a defeat in the House (mostly by Republican congressmen) didn't help his cause.

I guess we are just going to have to wait until November to settle this. Oh darn. I hate having to wait until the actual votes are counted. Deciding it now is so much more fun.

Mostly?.....135 to 95 Dems...wasn't a slam dunk agin the GOP

Never said it was. However, statistically speaking...68% of House Republicans voted against the bailout. Only 40% of House Democrats voted against.

In the public's mind, McCain's rushing to Washington to help, didn't. I'm just telling you what the pollsters are finding.

But then, I forget. Unless the poll results agree with Republicans' predetermined ideas, they must be bogus, right? There is much intellectual comfort in the philosophy "Don't attempt to confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up." :lol:

Never said it was. However, statistically speaking...68% of House Republicans voted against the bailout. Only 40% of House Democrats voted against.

In the public's mind, McCain's rushing to Washington to help, didn't. I'm just telling you what the pollsters are finding.

But then, I forget. Unless the poll results agree with Republicans' predetermined ideas, they must be bogus, right? There is much intellectual comfort in the philosophy "Don't attempt to confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up." :lol:

The key is many are up for re-election...... :lol:

The key is many are up for re-election...... :lol:

Actually if by 'many' you mean 'All" then yes, many are up for re-election. :p IIRC from my civics class, Reps are elected every 2 years, Sen every 6 on a 1/3 basis.

Found this on a site featuring You Tube videos also?

obama.jpg

:up: :lol: :up:

Latest posts