Pay Scale

Maybe they get paid so low they are embarished to tell anyone. I would suspect its so low min wage maybe. Oh! I guess they just can't afford a pc

At JFK a customer Service Agent for Jetblue starts out at $10.50 an hour, which is higher then most other airlines to start, the norm is $9 per hour for most major carriers. As far as what they top out at? At this point I don’t think there is a published pay scale for B6, I know that the agents get a yearly increase of somewhere along the lines of .50 cents to a dollar, which is average for most other carriers. Jetblue is new so their pay rates and policies are always changing. Delta for example now tops out at about $24.00 for an agent after about 20 years. At 5 years with Delta and agent makes about $17 an hour.
Why would anyone work for only $10.50 in NYC? It’s all a matter of priority. The bulk of the people who work as agents for Jetblue are working mothers who need the medical insurance (fully paid by Jetblue) and let’s not forget about the flight benefits. The other type of person who works as an agent is someone who is looking to advance to higher positions. Many people who started as agents for jetblue a few years ago are now working as managers or supervisors or in the HQ. Hope that answers your question

----------------
On 7/25/2003 12:18:39 AM PLANES333 wrote:

Why would anyone work for only $10.50 in NYC? It’s all a matter of priority. The bulk of the people who work as agents for Jetblue are working mothers who need the medical insurance (fully paid by Jetblue) and let’s not forget about the flight benefits.

----------------​

I don't know which JetBlue you work for, but the JetBlue that flies out of JFK does not fully pay for the employee's medical insurance. As do all other airlines, a percentage of the cost is paid by the employee. You make it sound as if JetBlue staff don't pay a cent for medical coverage.

Also, the bulk of the people working as agents at JFK are not working mothers. Do you really think that $10.50 an hour would cover day care for a child in New York? The bulk of the JFK agents are young and still live with their families. Quite a few of them are still in college and some hold second jobs.

To state that the bulk of the JFK, JetBlue agents are working mothers, is just plain wrong. If you don't believe me, take a tour of JetBlue's terminal at JFK. Only very young adults with limited debts and financial obligations, could work for $10.50 an hour in New York.
10.gif