PBS Pres. AFA 66- AFA topic 1/8- Read post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya. My problem with that is a f/a is not in violation of their contract. I think Mike will be after this guy to correct the situation. Hopefully it won't get that far as f/a's having to "defend" their not depositing money to a supervisor.
Do we still have supervisors? I heard through the grapevine mine had left weeks ago and still no letter welcoming me to another supervisors group. Fine with me.

Here's what I am guessing will happen if MF and the company do not come to some kind of understanding.

As of about a year ago, the Inflight supervisors spend more time calling f/as on the carpet for things that were previously ignored. Bad letters, late flights, underfly, overfly etc. You are now required to "write an explanation" and have it back to them within a certain amount of time.

This is actually standard accountability at any other company, however, frankly here at US, we haven't had that much attention from Inflight, in short, we were rarely managed, unless you were a reserve with too many no contacts or a flight attendant with 14 sick calls.

The heavy hands usually landed on reserves, because they have so much more margin for errors, especially with scheduling.

The company has also been "calling to let you know your options" when people use a certain number of sick hours, their goal being to trigger disability, which is cheaper. They call when they want a crew to fill out an incident report. And they usually want it yesterday, or certainly before you get to work again. "You can just fill out the form on the HUB. . . we need it within 24 hours." So I get a minimum day for work outside work? No.

All of this is subtle pressure and very effective.

So you don't turn in the money. You get a phone call. 75% will turn in the money next time despite it being out of their way, past the debrief or just plain inconvenient. Why? To avoid another phone call. Nobody in their right mind likes talking to supervisors in their private life. Which begs the question: when is it proper for them to contact a f/a? Unless you're a reserve, when you're not at work, you're off the clock and free to answer/ not answer a phone. What if I'm out seeing the world and only land in my base in time for my next trip? Am I getting a nasty email? A threat?

So here's a scenario: You follow your contract, you turn in the money next time you get to work, and basically do that for the next few months. How many phone calls are you going to get? When does it start to be harassment?

Most likely they haven't thought about this because West f/as have accepted their nonsense without question.

Guess what?

EAST WON'T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back