Perhaps Dougie Could Take Pointers

OTslave

Advanced
May 24, 2005
China Airlines has offered $US100 ($AU125) and an apology to each of the Taiwanese tourists who barely escaped a blaze on a flight to Japan.

The Boeing 737-800 burst into flames at the airport in the southern island of Okinawa on Monday.

All 165 mostly Taiwanese passengers and crew raced out and escaped the engulfing flames and plumes of black smoke.

China Airlines chief executive Chao Kuo-shuai flew to Okinawa and handed a red envelope with $US100 inside to each of the Taiwanese tourists on the flight.
"I apologise from the bottom of my heart," Mr Chao told the passengers.

"I feel ashamed for causing so much trouble."

One of the Taiwanese tourists said the gesture was a start.

"I feel for their efforts, but I can't be satisfied as my luggage and all my other things were burnt up," she said.

A China Airlines spokeswoman in Tokyo said the firm was separately considering compensation to the tourists for damage to luggage and other belongings on the aircraft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps Dougie should consider stationing himself in PHL and having a lot of red envelopes, and apologize to his passengers for the pain they endure each and every day. The place is on fire at least three times a week and the rest of the time it's just smoldering.
Listen up Dougie - if you're looking for the next stop to be China .... that's how it's done there.

Perhaps Dougie should consider stationing himself in PHL and having a lot of red envelopes, and apologize to his passengers for the pain they endure each and every day. The place is on fire at least three times a week and the rest of the time it's just smoldering.
Listen up Dougie - if you're looking for the next stop to be China .... that's how it's done there.

No, not red envelopes but how about marshmallows included with your boarding pass.

In all seriousness, team Tempe just doesn't get it. It's going to take an AIRLINE manager to pull this together. I am so tired of bean counters who think they can run this place. Enriching themselves at our expense.

No, not red envelopes but how about marshmallows included with your boarding pass.

In all seriousness, team Tempe just doesn't get it. It's going to take an AIRLINE manager to pull this together. I am so tired of bean counters who think they can run this place. Enriching themselves at our expense.

Wouldn't you love to challenge Team Tempe to a Monopoly tournament? I bet we could manage to disqualify some of their players for various rules violations during gameplay. :lol:

This is a very stark example of the cultural differences of Asian businesspeople and USA Based business people, Our culture is one that seeks to place blame, Honor and humility are not in a USA CEO's vocabulary for the most part.

After the JAL 747 crash in 1985, the airline's CEO resigned and a maintenance manager committed suicide.

A public apology is the right thing to do, but $100 seems a bit insulting considering these passengers could have died!!! You can get higher compensation than that by sending US a letter of praise!!!

Next time you fly look at the back of your ticket under 'Conditions of Carriage' -- I believe the 1928 Warsaw Convention limits the airlines' liability to $9.05 per pound. Wait a minute -- do e-tickets even display 'conditions of carriage'???

That fellow moaning about his burnt luggage won't be happy!

Next time you fly look at the back of your ticket under 'Conditions of Carriage' -- I believe the 1928 Warsaw Convention limits the airlines' liability to $9.05 per pound. Wait a minute -- do e-tickets even display 'conditions of carriage'???

That fellow moaning about his burnt luggage won't be happy!

No, Doug Parker would go to a bar and then get arrested on Pima Rid.

Wait...that already happened....

Back