Perhaps LCC should reconsider AC A340's for some 777's...

BB while I agree that US needs to move fast with the narrow body order, it would seem with UU/HP's history with Airbus that they could receive preferential delivery slots. If im not mistaken isnt the new US the worlds largest operator of Airbus narrow body aircraft also?

As far as I know, US is once again the largest A320-series operator thanks to the merger. I guess getting preferential treatment would depend on how much, if any, penalties Airbus would have to pay to postpone someone else's deliveries.

The one thing I definitely don't have any information on is the placement status of the leasing companies deliveries. I would expect that any they have coming in the next 6 months or so are already placed, but they might have some available earlier than Airbus could provide slots.

Jim

I don't know if there is any truth to this. I've always heard that the folks in asia prefer a four engine aircraft over two. Most of the carriers that I've seen fly to and from asia seem to do so with 340's and 747's.

I don't know if there is any truth to this. I've always heard that the folks in asia prefer a four engine aircraft over two. Most of the carriers that I've seen fly to and from asia seem to do so with 340's and 747's.
tahiti,
I believe you are right, I've heard the same thing.

Back