Perhaps Mr Lincoln should have let the South leave.

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
MS and AL poll reasults

Given the answers to questions 23 and 24 I am really not comfortable with them being in the Union. How on earth do you find 21% in 2012 who believe that interracial marriage should be illegal? I know it's the south but come on already. The war has been over for a while now and you lost. Non-whites have the same rights as whites. They are genetically identical as whites. They are scientists, doctors, soldiers and every other vocation under the sun. Get over it already. What a bunch of neanderthals. OH, can't call them that. They would not know what they are because they do not believe they exist even though there are fossil records. Go figure.

MS and AL poll reasults

Given the answers to questions 23 and 24 I am really not comfortable with them being in the Union. How on earth do you find 21% in 2012 who believe that interracial marriage should be illegal? I know it's the south but come on already. The war has been over for a while now and you lost. Non-whites have the same rights as whites. They are genetically identical as whites. They are scientists, doctors, soldiers and every other vocation under the sun. Get over it already. What a bunch of neanderthals. OH, can't call them that. They would not know what they are because they do not believe they exist even though there are fossil records. Go figure.

Reconstruction, I have argued for EONS, is the Biggest mistake ol' honest ABE.........E V E R ...made.

I have wondered for a long long time why so many poor southerners and even barely low middle class have for years...voted against thier own self interests(minimun wage increases, never voting for a union, some afraid to apply for Family Leave etc. ........., then finally I either read or heard a sociologist explain that ...they were So beaten down psycologically from losing the Civil War, that from Then, and in large part till NOW, via many family generations, that thier Protection Mechanism ..IS to reject ANYTHING that the Northern Victors favor.

Seriously, that part of the USA has been, I fear, SCAR'D for Life. If one REALLY thinks about it, it makes perfect sense !

It doesn't make people from victorious states Better People, but it certainly makes thier ability to consider differing views impossible/ Intractable !

MS and AL poll reasults

Oddly, your "21 %" of respondents matches the most recent poll #'s of registered REPUGS in the good ol' USA, @ "21%" :unsure:

How very ignorant. Voting isn't about what you two think. It's about voting your conscience, morals, values and ethics. From time to time they might not align with your thoughts Your comments are however quite typical and show the obnoxious arrogance of the left.

So which one of you wants to Geobbels and which one Himmler? If you don't like Himmler we could go with Spears. Hey instead of posting here maybe you could go to AL & MS and start building the Barackistan Reeducation Center and Home for Wayward Christians.

Sorry to disturb your little hate fest, I'm leaving now! Time to go cling to my guns and religion. Continue to enjoy your hate filled bigoted evening. Good Day!

MS and AL poll reasults

Live in the south here and proud of it ! Not against inter-racial marriage, if that's your thing ............just "Gay" marriage !

I attribute this to education, or lack there of. I have read numerous articles showing that he have one of the weakest knowledge of the sciences in the advanced world. Knowledge of the sciences correlate directly to these two issues. Evolution is a proven fact beyond any reasonable doubt. Organisms do evolve. There are fossil records to prove it. As for marriage, I suspect that goes back to the slavery days when blacks were thought to be genetically inferior to whites. Science has proven that false long ago.

Hatred is typically fostered by ignorance. Ignorance in terms of science, ignorance in terms of xenophobia and ignorance in terms of the world events. Why and how people manage to convince them selves that they are superior to another is beyond me and I believe quite dangerous. When you get to the point that you believe you are superior then you have arrived at a a point where you can eliminate that person like a common pest. That is what happened in Nazi Germany, here in the US with the Native Americans, in Cambodia with the Khmer Rouge and countless other places and times through out our history. I have heard it labeled 'otherism'. Seems somewhat appropriate.

I knew there were racists in the south, I never had any idea that the numbers were as high as this poll suggests. I hope the poll is in error by a substantial factor.

How very ignorant. Voting isn't about what you two think. It's about voting your conscience, morals, values and ethics. From time to time they might not align with your thoughts Your comments are however quite typical and show the obnoxious arrogance of the left.

So which one of you wants to Geobbels and which one Himmler? If you don't like Himmler we could go with Spears. Hey instead of posting here maybe you could go to AL & MS and start building the Barackistan Reeducation Center and Home for Wayward Christians.

Sorry to disturb your little hate fest, I'm leaving now! Time to go cling to my guns and religion. Continue to enjoy your hate filled bigoted evening. Good Day!

Sparrow,................what are you striving for, an OSCAR for Best D R A M A ???????????

Tree is RIGHT about evolution in MANY ways !!

PS, I DON'T believe I am a better person than (say) southwind !!!

Hypothetically, if you had a near death experience from an attack from a dog, to your dying day, you'd always be afraid/wary and Dislike of DOGS. This Can be transferred down to generation to generation !

Yes,....to a degree, people can be "channeled" from the pulpit on sunday mornings.

I knew there were racists in the south, I never had any idea that the numbers were as high as this poll suggests. I hope the poll is in error by a substantial factor.

Sad to inform you but there are an equal percentage in the rest of the country. The ones from "Up North" just do a far better job of disguising it.

Also, it may be interesting to note that CA/PA/NY and a few others have a very high percentage of known hate groups. Frankly I find the numbers actually, sadly quite low in the South. Hate is alive and well here. It's not the person who tells the racist off color joke you have to worry about because IMO he's just looking for a cheap laugh. However, beware as for everyone who laughs half actually believe the punch line.

If they are hiding it well how do you know its there? Do we know.where they came from? I have not.seen any poll results showing 20%-30% of the people in the north believing inter racial marriage should be illegal. Much less 60% who believe evolution is not real.

Not saying it does not exist but I believe the south has the north beat. At least until there is proof showing other wise.

If they are hiding it well how do you know its there? Do we know.where they came from? I have not.seen any poll results showing 20%-30% of the people in the north believing inter racial marriage should be illegal. Much less 60% who believe evolution is not real.

Not saying it does not exist but I believe the south has the north beat. At least until there is proof showing other wise.

It's hard to prove and I wouldn't have believed it either until I started snooping around when I lived in PA. Being curious about things I knew this guy who was "Out there" and turned out he was a recruiter for the American Nazi Party (Think George Lincoln Rockwell), I let this guy try to recruit me and it was to say the least a very enlightening experience. I now know more about the politics and origins of the these groups then I ever wanted to. They are real and scary as crap and they are everywhere.

A source of "Proof" is The Southern Poverty Law Center and a brief search reveals a host of monitoring agencies that will absolutely shatter you preconceptions. I wasn't shocked, in fact it merely confirmed what I felt I knew. Simple fact is if you have different color skins and ethnic backgrounds you're going to have hate. How much depends on a lot of things. Fact is most bigotry is stll "in the Closet" to borrow the phrase so racism is difficult to ferret out.

I worked with a very sweet lady and we were friends (not lovers) and one day I get called into the bosses office and asked, "Why do you hang around with that "Nappy Headed Knuckle Scraper, don't you know it's bad for your career" So it's out there and everywhere.

Like I said. I know bigotry is a world wide issue. I know it exists through out the US. I also know that the South fought for the.right to.own slaves as slavery was the basis of the labor pool used to build and run the South. There was far more of a reliance on slave labor in the south than in the north. While there are racist organization every where it is still quite telling that 21% -30% of the respondents openly admitted to believing inter racial.marriage should be illegal. That same mentality also extends to same.sex.marriage.and.mural marriage.

Back