PHL scheduling pulling some questionable acts this morning

Did anyone notice that 10493 OPR was staffed with 6 f/a's? Panic mode or what? The weather is beautiful. :rolleyes:

Section 11.G.11 reads

"When all OPR's have been utilized and the assignment to OPR is from the daily list, a reserve shall be given no less than two (2.00)hours notice to report to the airport for OPR duty"

I'm not sure what in this provison you believe prohibits the company from staffing extra OPR's for irregular ops. This speaks to call out time for when OPR's are backfilled.

Did anyone notice that 10493 OPR was staffed with 6 f/a's? Panic mode or what? The weather is beautiful. :rolleyes:
Did you happen to see the weather in Chicago's OHare yesterday? Or the winds in Pittsburgh? :shock:
This is an airline and as such to "protect its operation" sometimes extra flight attendants should be available just in case.

Did you happen to see the weather in Chicago's OHare yesterday? Or the winds in Pittsburgh? :shock:
This is an airline and as such to "protect its operation" sometimes extra flight attendants should be available just in case.

The day in question started with lengthy delays in PHL due to fog.

and you need to call out 6 extra OPR's when you have not used all of the morning ones and the noon OPR's are on their way? I know it is windy but it isn't that bad. I don't even remember them putting THAT many OPR's on in a snow storm. Just as long as it's legal. I'm well aware of the wonderful PHL airport falling to pieces when snow falls in Idaho.