Photos of LGA under water

Welcome to Laguardia Harbor.

Are they sure this wasn't Hurricane Tony(next one)? Because this went To NY alright!

Do you live up in the NE FWAA if so hope you and your family faired well .
Thanks. I have family along the east coast from Mass down to North Carolina and fortunately they're all safe and sound. I'm in Los Angeles where the next firestorm or earthquake is probably around the corner but little risk of a devastating hurricane.

My heart goes out to everyone who has suffered in this latest disaster. From what I've seen, "back to normal" may take some time.

Do you think maybe they should have run the Jetways to an upper position with the tunnels retracted ? Basic prep for pending storm.

Actually, I thought dropped low was standard for high winds, and up against the building if at all possible... you don't want a sail with a high CG...

Down low is best. The water should not hurt the bogie. The GPU underneath should be ok as long as it was not submerged. Jetways are tough beasts. They take the abuse of hurried pax all day everyday. That is more abuse than any hurricane.

They are indeed tough...

Not for nothing, but the Widget's policy is a mix of everyone's suggestions. We're to lower them as much as possible, and retract them fully, while trying to position them as close to the terminal as possible (and chock the tires too, for that matter)...

Jetbridge:

Full down
Full retract
Against the building if possible
Canopy retracted
Doors closed

Then hope for the best.

Well if all else fails they can use lga as a ferry docking station. Ive been flying to New York for over 40 years. Ive never seen anything even close to those pictures.

Down low is best. The water should not hurt the bogie. The GPU underneath should be ok as long as it was not submerged. Jetways are tough beasts. They take the abuse of hurried pax all day everyday. That is more abuse than any hurricane.

The salt is what going to hurt all that equipment.

Back