PHX inf. Plz.

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Looking at an overhead shot of PHX on google (Yes I'm aware that it's probably an 'old' pic because I saw LUS and AA metal), I'd respectfully like to ask some 'PHX' questions.

On the 'south side' it looks like WN has about 20 gates numbered 1-20 in 3 'fingers'. (A 4th finger is conspicuously missing).

On the north side the 'picture shows' LUS and AA with ALL the A + B gates.
I only saw where BA would park, and saw a Westjet on the B finger.

Sooooo,

Where does UA, DL, B6 LH and (dear GOD) spirit go ?
Did AA have to 'cough-up' any of LUS's gate in the merger ?

Any help APPRECIATED, aaaaand THANX ( in advance) !!

What you're looking at is just Terminal 4. The 4th concourse (S1) was just approved and will be completed within the next 3-4 years. AA occupies all four north concourses (N1-4), although there are five common use gates on the far east concourse (N4) that are utilized by BA, WS, AC/RV, Y4, eventually DE, and whatever else needs to access the FIS. Southwest occupies all of the south concourses (S1-4) and will be moving into the new concourse when it opens, but apparently may be vacating the S4 concourse in the process, which would leave some gates open for another carrier; see below.

If you look to the west there's also Terminal 3 which houses DL, HA, B6, and F9, and Terminal 2, which houses NK, SY, AS, UA, 4B, and ZK. The south concourse of Terminal 3 is currently being rebuilt and will accommodate nearly all Terminal 2 tenants when it is eventually torn down (this actually has to happen as part of the final stage of construction of the south concourse). Rumor has it that some Terminal 2 tenants may not have space to lease in the new concourse and will have to move elsewhere; the thinking goes that it would be to the Terminal 4 concourse that WN may be vacating.

Strange,

Don't worry... once the big cuts happen on AA in PHX, there will be plenty of gate space in Terminal 4, and a lot of extra equipment!

What you're looking at is just Terminal 4. The 4th concourse (S1) was just approved and will be completed within the next 3-4 years. AA occupies all four north concourses (N1-4), although there are five common use gates on the far east concourse (N4) that are utilized by BA, WS, AC/RV, Y4, eventually DE, and whatever else needs to access the FIS. Southwest occupies all of the south concourses (S1-4) and will be moving into the new concourse when it opens, but apparently may be vacating the S4 concourse in the process, which would leave some gates open for another carrier; see below.

If you look to the west there's also Terminal 3 which houses DL, HA, B6, and F9, and Terminal 2, which houses NK, SY, AS, UA, 4B, and ZK. The south concourse of Terminal 3 is currently being rebuilt and will accommodate nearly all Terminal 2 tenants when it is eventually torn down (this actually has to happen as part of the final stage of construction of the south concourse). Rumor has it that some Terminal 2 tenants may not have space to lease in the new concourse and will have to move elsewhere; the thinking goes that it would be to the Terminal 4 concourse that WN may be vacating.

Thank you very much, my friend !!!