Pilot Buyout?

dariencc

Veteran
Dec 4, 2006
Just flew with an Alpo committee member who said the union expects the company to offer some kind of buyout program to thin the ranks of the U side of the operation and allow some quick upward movement. The thinking is that this will calm the waters and facilitate some kind of agreement between the pilot groups. If I had to guess, I would say this will not work.

The number he said he heard was 250G to the first 500 who take it. He said the total cost of 125 million is virtually the same as the company has said they would budget for a new combined contract, so they would spend that amount over the next year IF it leads to a combined operation at that time. Again, my reading of the pilot group is that this would be a non-starter, but I could be wrong.

Does USA320Pilot or any of the other MEC connected guys on this forum have any info on this?

Just flew with an Alpo committee member who said the union expects the company to offer some kind of buyout program to thin the ranks of the U side of the operation and allow some quick upward movement. ...

Well of course it isn't true. USA320 hasn't told us about it yet. :lol:

You mean it won't be awarded based on seniority (again!)? The ones with the fastest pens get it?

What I meant to say was the first 500 in order of seniority who take it. This is what I was told by an Alpa committee member, I have no direct knowledge of it.

dariencc

Oh, okay, b/c our guys can't move that fast.
Hard to believe they would pay 125 mil to get rid of people when they wouldn't pay 50 mil(according to Doug) to bring east to parity and smooth out the operation.

Just flew with an Alpo committee member who said the union expects the company to offer some kind of buyout program to thin the ranks of the U side of the operation and allow some quick upward movement. The thinking is that this will calm the waters and facilitate some kind of agreement between the pilot groups. If I had to guess, I would say this will not work.

The number he said he heard was 250G to the first 500 who take it. He said the total cost of 125 million is virtually the same as the company has said they would budget for a new combined contract, so they would spend that amount over the next year IF it leads to a combined operation at that time. Again, my reading of the pilot group is that this would be a non-starter, but I could be wrong.

Does USA320Pilot or any of the other MEC connected guys on this forum have any info on this?

Won't happen in a million years.

Which would remove the only group not slammed by the award and leave 100% of the remaining list ...... well, you get the picture.
========================================================
This sounds like a rumor originated in the first 100 or so HP seniority numbers. Move the protected out and open up the spots concurrent with 65 and the only protection in the 'award'.

Was Petersen talking to the PG again?

Sounds like another windfall for the east pilot group.

Don't be embarrassed by all the other windfalls, you worked a hard 20 years for that B737 right seat.

You wish.."junior" :lol:

..Although it speaks volumes for your noble character that you would think it amusing to see others, of vastly more experience/etc than you may perhaps ever get...eternally toiling away in "that B737 right seat". Ah well..one can only expect so much from those of Company Grade;)

..Although it speaks volumes for your noble character that you would think it amusing to see others, of vastly more experience/etc than you may perhaps ever get...eternally toiling away in "that B737 right seat". Ah well..one can only expect so much from those of Company Grade;)

He's probably furloughed from AAA and now at AWA. The attitude of those few is enlighting of what "ALPA can do for you!"

I'd pit my airmanship/experience against yours any day pal. You being older only means your weaker and slower. Get over yourself.

Back