Pilot TA Agreement

SmoothRide

Aug 25, 2002
Airline employees have little negotiating leverage left after having been rolled by management and the BK process (MECs and membership share some of the blame for lack of courage and resolve). This management team will NOT change unless sufficient (or persistent) pressure is brought to bear. They are expecting us to have short memories of their extraordinary selfishness, unethical and insulting behavior in an effort to "let it go...move on". But I encourage all of us to hang on to that sense of outrage and anger storing it in our guts. Nothing in management's behavior or culture will change over night for sure. Do not allow yourselves to be disconsolate.

In the matter of the TA, it is my opinion that this pilot group should send a clear message with the maximum number of pilots voting - whether yea or nea. Remember that management will be taking note of: 1) the overall UP or DOWN vote and 2) the # or % of pilots participating in determining the pulse of the pilot group. If the "Fix It Now" message is to remain relevant and believable, then it is imperative that the maximum # of pilots vote. If it is voted down, as I personally think it should, the message is going to be far more meaningful if 90% of the pilots exercise their democratic vote and narrowly defeat it than if only 40% vote overwhelmingly against (ie. 90% No for instance).

I encourage all pilots to not allow apathy or resignation to send the wrong message to management. Do not throw away one of the last meaningful expressions of your collective outrage to the truly INSULTING behavior of this management team! If you don't vote NO, then AT LEAST VOTE! What kind of message do you want to send?

Airline employees have little negotiating leverage left after having been rolled by management and the BK process (MECs and membership share some of the blame for lack of courage and resolve). This management team will NOT change unless sufficient (or persistent) pressure is brought to bear. They are expecting us to have short memories of their extraordinary selfishness, unethical and insulting behavior in an effort to "let it go...move on". But I encourage all of us to hang on to that sense of outrage and anger storing it in our guts. Nothing in management's behavior or culture will change over night for sure. Do not allow yourselves to be disconsolate.

In the matter of the TA, it is my opinion that this pilot group should send a clear message with the maximum number of pilots voting - whether yea or nea. Remember that management will be taking note of: 1) the overall UP or DOWN vote and 2) the # or % of pilots participating in determining the pulse of the pilot group. If the "Fix It Now" message is to remain relevant and believable, then it is imperative that the maximum # of pilots vote. If it is voted down, as I personally think it should, the message is going to be far more meaningful if 90% of the pilots exercise their democratic vote and narrowly defeat it than if only 40% vote overwhelmingly against (ie. 90% No for instance).

I encourage all pilots to not allow apathy or resignation to send the wrong message to management. Do not throw away one of the last meaningful expressions of your collective outrage to the truly INSULTING behavior of this management team! If you don't vote NO, then AT LEAST VOTE! What kind of message do you want to send?

After having read your paragraphs, especially the parts about "sending a message," I am sure I will see you at one of the May FIN picketing events, correct?

Latest posts

Back