Pilot whose gun went off will be fired

The more effective system to ensure that the bad guys won't get near the cockpit are the 100s of people in the back who will beat the bad guys to a pulp before they get the armored door open (Assuming any present FAMs don't get them first). The FFDO is the last line of defense.

And on the 96% of flights that have no FAMs, we can all be confident that the bad guys are incapable of devising a plan that would take the "100s of people" out of the equation. Thanks so much, I feel better already.

As for your previously stated confidence in the highly trained law enforcement (non FAMs) types we have traveling aboard, rest assured that any notions of these folks as a parade of Jack Ryan clones is absurd. More common would be the overweight slob from a local Pennsylvania Sheriff's office, the 23 year old sweetie from the Smithsonian Institution, or the gung ho Barney Fife from the Agriculture Department. The number of people and agencies authorized to carry weapons on commercial aircraft is astounding, and I can assure you that they have no special training for this "mission." Their knowledge of issues specific to the discharge of weapons on aircraft would as a rule be non existent.

You should stick to your light-twin wannabe flying at the local FBO, and spare the rest of us your half baked theories. :down:

He does not have a good record.

Your opinion would be in the minority. He is considered an excellent pilot by those that have actually flown with him. That would be the former pilots of the PIT crew base, where he spent his entire career until recently. Whatever backstabbing crew room slams you picked up don't impress me, nor does the fact that you would feel inclined to post it here.

Since not having "a good record" is fair game, I don't suppose you'd mind if I pointed out that when your hero USA320Pilot walked the plank recently, even the pilots that disagreed with his views supported him, and he's still here. Nice of you to be tossing dirt on a fellow pilot in trouble. How very you.

firing is not the answer offer him a position in customer service thats punishment enough and take all weapons from pilots period they are paid to fly not shoot holes in A/c his F/o is luckily that he didn't get a cap in his %%% this FFDO program is the stupidest thing ever conceived trained professionals should be the only ones with any type of weapons on A/c not pilots you want to cap someone get a xbox that Way everyone is safe

Yea those pilots, what a bunch of wildcards. I mean an airline pilot, trust them with responsibility?

Only those with multiple background checks (ongoing) maybe even a couple of medical checks a year, perhaps throw in years of professional behavior monitored by some federal agency. And just to be safe make sure most have higher education and a psych. eval. Yep, only people that can meet those criteria should be allowed to have a gun.

I agree & will pass this along to the proper person for consideration. Now lets get this one back on topic. Thank you.
yes we do! The man (if he did by the regs) stowed his gun right and did it by TSA regs and in a TSA approved hoster is now looking at no job! this is my words for him STAND YOUR GROUND.!

It's not my opinion, it's a statement made by a Check Airman.
and what would a "Check Airman" be doing publicly speaking about whether someone is "good" or "bad", hiding behind his mommy's apron strings, voicing his opinion when and where it can do no good.

If, indeed, he is a check airman, he should be fired from the training department, post haste. Name him.

The fact that you like someone doesn't mean they don't deserve to be terminated.
ANY check airman that made a statement like that should be FIRED! Who does he think he is? GOD? You should report the person that said that to the company or to Professional Standards.

No I wasnt there, watch the video on Utube and you will see how this happened. Some people also get updates from sources other than the company. This guy was not playing with his gun.

Oh well you didn't say that you got your info from that unimpeachable news source YouTube (not Utube, btw). Everyone knows that YouTube is the one reliable source for the truth.

Oh well you didn't say that you got your info from that unimpeachable news source YouTube (not Utube, btw). Everyone knows that YouTube is the one reliable source for the truth.
One last try.... I said watch the video. Then, later I said some people get updates from other sources. Did I say my source was the video? NO, it was so maybe someone that does not understand Namely YOU could watch it and get educated.. I am sorry if this was too much to handle.

The fact that you like someone doesn't mean they don't deserve to be terminated.

I've never flown with the guy, we're about the same seniority, so liking him has nothing to do with it. We spent years on the same equipment in the same base, and I've heard his name many times as having a great reputation among the F/Os. I guess their opinion doesn't matter, they've only worked with him. On the other hand, the second hand opinion of one CLT F/O who has never worked with him matters greatly. :blink:

Funny how the fact that you were merely repeating some unethical backstabbing by a single sim instructor wasn't mentioned in your first post. And here we all thought it was your "expert" opinion. :lol:

If you want to compare "reputations" among the F/Os between this guy and your recently terminated forum hero please let me know. :lol:

I guess if he can't be fired then no one is ever responsible for their actions if there were really errors made. it's funny how most people on the board want employees in management fired all the time.

Latest posts

Back