Pilots Respond to Kirby Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALPO NO MO

Nov 12, 2007
US Airways Pilots Union Responds to Kirby Comments
Tuesday, December 11, 2007; Posted: 06:00 AM

PITTSBURGH, Dec 11, 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- UAIRQ | charts | news | PowerRating -- Captain Jack Stephan, chairman of the US Airways pilots union, a unit of the Air Line Pilots Association, Int'l (ALPA), released the following statement in response to remarks made last week by US Airways [LCC] Group President Scott Kirby.

"At a recent airline conference, US Airways President Scott Kirby told the audience that some investors are erroneously attributing US Airways' operational problems to escalating labor unrest.

"The fact is that investors completely understand the core issue: in a service industry, when employees are driven to frustration, it is manifested through a poor operation. Our current operation negatively impacts our passengers, the communities we serve, the employees, and ultimately, the investors. We believe the investment community sees through the transparent attempt of our management to cover up their deficiencies. US Airways management has succeeded only in alienating its pilots and other employees to such a degree that our operation does not enjoy the crucial support of the rank and file. Besides promoting two different pilot pay scales and contracts, management is now attempting to intimidate pilots who have legitimately used sick time.

"Management's actions are not only in direct violation of our contract, but the way they are pursuing disciplinary action against scores of our pilots is nothing short of flat-out intimidation and harassment. They are treating professional airline pilots like third-grade school children by demanding and then questioning the validity of sick notes, and issuing unwarranted discipline. This harassment and abuse could create an unsafe environment for our pilots, fellow crewmembers, and our passengers. Does the traveling public want this airline to be intimidating pilots into flying sick or fatigued?

"The pilots' mounting anxiety will be publicly demonstrated during our 'Holiday Picketing Event' at Reagan Washington National Airport on Thursday, December 20. The flying public, aviation regulatory agencies, and airline investors must know that US Airways pilots will not fly sick or fatigued."

Founded in 1931, ALPA is the world's largest pilots union, representing 60,000 pilots at 40 airlines in the U.S. and Canada. Visit the ALPA website at http://www.alpa.org.

SOURCE Air Line Pilots Association, International

Capt. Jack Stephan said:
"The pilots' mounting anxiety will be publicly demonstrated during our 'Holiday Picketing Event' at Reagan Washington National Airport on Thursday, December 20. The flying public, aviation regulatory agencies, and airline investors must know that US Airways pilots will not fly sick or fatigued."

Oh great. Yet another useless ALPA picketing event that no one will pay any attention to.

Yawn.

What is going on with DELETED BY MODERATOR

MODERATOR NOTE: You should know better than to identify another poster--by initials or name it is NOT permitted.

And if Kirby said the opposite he would be getting hammered for blaming the pilots. STFU and get back to work. Everyone else is sick of your constant bitching.

DELETED BY MODERATOR...

OK, so who is DELETED BY MODERATOR? Alright since we can't ue name or initials is it the author of an email newsletter that hasn't come out in quite some time? If not can I get a PM on who DELETED BY MODERATOR is? Seperately does anyone have info on what has happened to the person to whom I make reference?

I posted a first name, no screen name, yet you let them post the FAs name on the reserve WN thread over and over and over and you let them post her trips she is flying.....

Seems like a double standard, considering everyone knows who he is, he even wrote his name in several or more of his posts and use to post under his real name.

This thread is about Kirby and his comments, NOT the identity of DELETED BY MODERATOR.

Keep it on topic.

What is this DELETED BY MODERATOR all about , I can’t believe that DELETED BY MODERATOR went out and DELETED BY MODERATOR !?! Can any of you believe that ! I mean I’m just shocked by that! What if I’m next ? Or maybe it’s you , our lives are in dangDELETED BY MODERATOR !!!

Lol jk none of that was deleted by the moderator .

I guess no one wants to take this one seriously. And the other one is closed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back