Pilots Union Puts Arpey on Notice

More like whining...six month old baby not breast fed enough...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L1011Ret,
Your making derogatory statements about a group who is correctly preceived as a "bunch of primadonna's", does NOT change the FACT, that they ARE NOT a bunch of OVERPAID primadonna's", so I see nothing wrong with APA(with their NEW prez.) telling Arpey, that they are FED up with AA's BULL SHET !!(the fact that the correspondence was sent to AA in a private manner, only to have AA "grandstanding" because the letter was leaked to the media(NOT BY APA) is DISENGENUIOUS on AA's part.....Not APA's PART !!!!!!!!

It IS what it IS !!

Now, if we can get APFA and the A$$ HOLE TWU to send similiar letters to aprey(AND MEAN IT), will have the AA "braintrusts" SCRAMBLING back to the "secret room" for some heavy duty "huddling".

The day of the Union workers at AA, putting their prospective UNIONS, ..AND..management "on NOTICE" is ..Loooooong OVERDUE

I am not commenting on the state of AA pilots in general nor do I wish to make slanderous remarks about them. My experiences with AA pilots and brief cvonversations with several indicates they are competent professionals.

However, I would maintain that the letter this thread is about sounds like the whinings of a deprived child. It is meant to stir the passions of others by using self selected examples of one time incidents to generalize to general conclusions about the state of AA management. The letter is to say the least - trash. It saddens me to see APA so poorly led.

However, I would maintain that the letter this thread is about sounds like the whinings of a deprived child. It is meant to stir the passions of others by using self selected examples of one time incidents to generalize to general conclusions about the state of AA management. The letter is to say the least - trash. It saddens me to see APA so poorly led.
Had a Captain say almost the same as you here. While a more a FO was touting, its all fact.

C'mon, Bears.... You really believe APA didn't leak that letter in order to whip up the troops? Hill is known for being a hot head, and I said when he was elected that anyone who believes he will be able to deliver anything that he's demanded is pretty naive.

Whether or not you agreed with how Hunter, Darrah, Lavoy, or Sovich performed, they did it with a certain degree of dignity. Whatever valid arguments the pilots have with management right now, it's all lost in Hill's trash talk.

APA has eaten their own more than once. Hill's recall election might be a little quicker than Lavoy's was going to be had he not resigned.

I am not commenting on the state of AA pilots in general nor do I wish to make slanderous remarks about them. My experiences with AA pilots and brief cvonversations with several indicates they are competent professionals.

I guess you would rather see them led by the same type of leaders that led TWA pilots into being the lowest paid pilots in the industry.

Whether or not you agreed with how Hunter, Darrah, Lavoy, or Sovich performed, they did it with a certain degree of dignity. Whatever valid arguments the pilots have with management right now, it's all lost in Hill's trash talk.

And what did all that "dignity" do for them? It got them a paycut while the execs got bonuses thats what it did for them.

I guess you would rather see them led by the same type of leaders that led TWA pilots into being the lowest paid pilots in the industry.

As a former TWA Captain, I would vigorously disagree with your statement about TWA pilots being the lowest paid in the industry. Not so at all.

The Pilots have been negotiating for about 6 months now, you would think after all that time they would have progressed some wouldn't you ? follow this link ( http://www.apanegotiations.com/LinkClick.a...=65&mid=427 ) and you will see that so far all the company has offered them is a boot in the ass :eek:

The Pilots have a Negotiations website that give info on their current status.
this is a sign of what is headed our way.

http://www.apanegotiations.com

UAL is looking to sell off MP and the Maint. portion.. This will give the company over 10billion - more likely around 12 billion.. This does NOT affect core business.

Don't be surprised when the PBGC comes a knocking for their share of that "over 10 - more likely around 12 billion." (I am not validating that those assets are worth that much either) You see there is legal precident for them to come back to a company who conveniently shed their pension obligations as part of BK and are now suddenly flush with money. Given the fact UA stuck the PBGC with a 13 billion dollar bill, and its over all finacial condition of the fund; don't have a cow when UA settles out of court and has to cut a check to the PBGC for a large portion of that cash.

Don't be surprised when the PBGC comes a knocking for their share of that "over 10 - more likely around 12 billion." (I am not validating that those assets are worth that much either) You see there is legal precident for them to come back to a company who conveniently shed their pension obligations as part of BK and are now suddenly flush with money. Given the fact UA stuck the PBGC with a 13 billion dollar bill, and its over all finacial condition of the fund; don't have a cow when UA settles out of court and has to cut a check to the PBGC for a large portion of that cash.

And you don't think the finance gurus haven't thought of this, I am sure they are finding a way around this... They certainly should have to pay it back though, and the employees should get their Pension.

And you don't think the finance gurus haven't thought of this, I am sure they are finding a way around this... They certainly should have to pay it back though, and the employees should get their Pension.
Already covered their tracks...
On April 22, 2005, United Airlines and the PBGC entered into an agreement to settle pension issues between the two entities.

UAL promised to give the PBGC $1.5 billion in new UAL stock and other debt instruments in return, in part, for the PBGC’s waiver of its right to restore the UAL pensions.

Paragraph 6.b of that agreement says that the “PBGC shall be deemed to have waived its rights to restore any of the Pension Plans in full or in part.â€￾

The entire agreement may be found at this Security and Exchange Commission Web site:

http://www.secinfo.com/d325a.z4.d.htm

IN RE UAL CORPORATION, ET AL. (Case No. 02-B-48191)

6 b. Subject to subparagraph 18(d), PBGC shall be deemed to have waived its rights to restore any of
the Pension Plans in full or in part, and to cease any activities undertaken to terminate any of the
Pension Plans in full or part, pursuant to 29 U.S.C. § 1347 or otherwise:

(i) As of the date that the PBGC consents to the proposed defined contribution plans set forth
in subparagraph 6(a); and

(ii) If PBGC does not consent to the defined contribution plans set forth in subparagraph 6(a),
then as of the date that the court determines that PBGC's consent was unreasonably
withheld.

<_< ----- Bob, that was a low blow! It may be true, but "all" exTWA employees did what had to be done to keep TWA flying! "Truth"! Not phony rhetoric like Our-Pay is putting out! TWA is dead! Let it rest in peace!!!

Back