Powerful Ua Afa Message

What in the world is a retired F/A doing on 1-800-DEAR-AFA? I, for one, don't care to listen to his "wit" and "humour" on my dime. I just want the facts. I don't want Voice Op-Eds.

Albatroz said:
What in the world is a retired F/A doing on 1-800-DEAR-AFA? I, for one, don't care to listen to his "wit" and "humour" on my dime. I just want the facts. I don't want Voice Op-Eds.
[post="205827"][/post]​

Its not on "your dime"-800 calls are toll free last time I checked-
There is nobody more qualified to voice an "Op Ed" piece at AFA.Jerry has been the voice of UA/AFA for years-and is admired and respected. What I wouldnt do for a Jerry at APFA-

You can always call 1800FLTLINE and prompt for Jane Allen-it free as well-
have fun....

1-800 calls are paid by the person you are calling. In this case AFA. On our last budget, AFA stated that the 800 DEAR AFA cost was, if I remember correctly, about 100K a year, in calls, equipment, maintenance and administration, I guess. 800 means that the caller does not pay. So, if you call DEAR AFA, or Jane Allen on EYE ON UA over and over and over, minute after minute, you will run up their bill. I have read about a case of someone that was prosecuted exactly for doing that, believe it on not! It said, the guy, a disgruntled employee, had actually dialed the 800 number over 1000 times in a few days!
We need to keep informed, so, it is money well spent. But, just like every item on the AFA budget, DEAR AFA is paid for with our dues and should be made by, and for, the people who pay them.
And that is all I have to say about that.

Jerry presents a powerful message but wouldn't the organized rally on Dec 14 be more effective if channeled towards Judge Wedoff instead of George Bush?

Sure, demonstrating on Lafayette Park is more glamorous and will attract media attention, but Judge Wedoff has your fate in his hands now, not George Bush.

Actually the PBGC has you by the throat until they decide how to resolve the pension issue. UA will not attract new money until the PBGC has their say.

I absolutely agree that Tilton/Brace/et al need to leave NOW. Obviously the market forces have no confidence in them.

Neither does UA's customers.

Perhaps a little blue flu on Thursday when flight 869 SFO-HKG-SGN departs for Vietnam for the first time in 30 years. Tilton et al along with local dignitaries and national media will attend amid much fanfare. Imagine the horror on Glenn's face when the flight is delayed or disrupted in front of the assembled media. Could get CHAOTIC ;)

1-800 calls are paid by the person you are calling. In this case AFA. On our last budget, AFA stated that the 800 DEAR AFA cost was, if I remember correctly, about 100K a year, in calls, equipment, maintenance and administration, I guess.

Yeah, and AFA desperately needs that money to try to unionize DL's Flight Attendants for the umpteenth time!

Back