Price Of Gas

Rosco

Advanced
Mar 11, 2003
What are you guys paying around the country?

We just had about a $0.12 jump yesterday afternoon to $0.919/L. I fueled up the car this a.m and paid $0.939. :angry:

This is in N. Ont. but I've that the out on Vanc. Isl. it hit something like $1.12/L :shock:

For the operators, do you guys factor in a fuel surcharge in your rates or do you eat the difference when the price of fuel takes off?

This fuel thing is out of control......especially seeing as we make here in Can.

Angrily Yours

R

This fuel crisis is Geographical and logistical.
The oill companies have just run short.
You see - all the OIL is in ALTA, offshore NFLD and NS.
Unfortunately - ALL the DIPSTICKS are in OTTAWA.

Giving the oil companies all your money will solve the problem I am sure. :rolleyes:
I will do my best, over here in the Persian Gulf, to lower prices - I will cut a minute off my flight time tomorrow in order to aleve the crisis!!!
Have a good weekend all. Please drink a cold Beer for Me!

Filled up in Saskatoon for .899/liter. The analysts expect we eill be over $1/liter this summer.
angry-smiley-005.gif

.825 in cowtown, probably the same as TO, Vancouver or Ottawa and have heard the buck a litre indications as well.

sc :down: :down:

Out here on Vancouver Island expect anything between $0.899 to $0.969. The smaller islands are over $1.00, and have been for about two weeks.
I say we start a petition to get Canada to drop out of OPEC so we can set our own damn oil and gas prices. :p
I'd also suggest closing our oil exporting for a little while, but then you-know-who would invade us saying we're hiding WMDs. :wacko:

I heard that the government just reaps in mega tax dollars over these increases.
During last years summer increases, I heard they pulled in an extra $200 million. It's no surprise that they won't/don't lower the taxes.

Unless the Fed's make an election call, after all 7% in GST goes to them.
:shock: :down: :down:

In Vancouver it was at 98.9 on Thursday, pretty wild!! Over a buck on Saltspring Island.

I was out around Aldergrove today and topped off the tank at the bargain price of 87.9!! :(

I paid 97.9 yesterday in Vancouver. Went down a couple hours later of course. :rolleyes: Makes it a tough go with my endlessly lucrative $8.85 baggage-crashing job. If anyone needs me I will be pouting in that corner over there. :D

Apprentice :huh:

Gas in Calgary on Sunday May 9,2004. Most stations are charging $.825 per litre with a 3 1/3 discount off the pump price. The nearest to me is a small country gas station, I just paid 78 ½. The cheapest in Calgary is on 16th Ave on Wed, Sat, Sun they charge 76.5. And to think I bitched when it was 48 ½.
I imagine we are the cheapest in Canada except for Camrose Ab, that has a gas war on and it is 66 per litre, I shudder to think what it is in Europe. Two years ago it was around $2.50 p litre .

Ralph is talking about a gas rebate for Albertans. I don't know how that will work unless they drop 5 cents or so off the taxes. Alta has the lowest road tax in Canada and gas is still high -- it sure can't be the freight costs <_<

In 1980, when I went into basic training, gas was 49.9 per imperial gallon. My basic salary was $22,600 per year. Had my salary kept pace with the increase in gas prices, I should me making $181,000 per year. Guess what??? Not even close. Believe it or not, of all the essentials, beer has gone up the least by comparison. Based on the same calculations as the gas price, I should only be making about $90,000. Iguess its all relative

Where were You getting gas for 49 cents an imperial gal. in 1980 . I worked in a gas station in 1970 when there was a customer outrage when it hit 50 cents?

:elvis: :shock: :elvis: :shock: :elvis:

Latest posts

Back