PUP payout as of Dec. 07 2006

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
Based on Dec 07, 2006 stock price, next years PSP bonus plan will pay the following:

Mr. Arpey - $7,782,075.00
Mr. Garton - $4,833,945.00
Mr. Reding - $3,321,999.00
And the best guess for Mr. Hettermann – somewhere well north of $1 million dollars.

Based on Dec 07, 2006 stock price, next years PSP bonus plan will pay the following:

Mr. Arpey - $7,782,075.00
Mr. Garton - $4,833,945.00
Mr. Reding - $3,321,999.00
And the best guess for Mr. Hettermann – somewhere well north of $1 million dollars.

Let's hear all the pro management defenses here! Arpey and company have done such an outstanding job, they earned this. Let's hear the defenders say they get nothing more or less than other corporate executives get...

But we will feel much better come April when we get our contractual 1.5% raise which equates to about $.46 an hour.

Let's hear all the pro management defenses here! Arpey and company have done such an outstanding job, they earned this. Let's hear the defenders say they get nothing more or less than other corporate executives get...

But we will feel much better come April when we get our contractual 1.5% raise which equates to about $.46 an hour.
Dont forget that once you factor in inflation and whatever the company decides to jack our medical goes up we will be seeing even smaller paychecks.

Yes the TWU contract just keeps giving more and more concessions while the executives keep raking in the bucks.

By the time negotiations start our total for concessions will be roughly 40%.

Over at Continental the TWU tried to tell those workers that they were being treated unfairly by the company, but TWU represented AA workers took more cuts than Continental did! It seems that concesions are only fair if the TWU is collecting dues.

http://www.twu.org/organize/drives/contine...l_All_About.pdf

The payouts are very difficult to defend. Throw out the comparison the hourly raise, that is what happens when you work for a union.

There are a lot of issues with the payouts.

1. They are based entirely on stock price which is not the sole indicator of performance.
2. The performance is compared to a small group of distressed stocks, many of which have now declared bankruptcy.
3. The PUP started when AMR stock was at a historical low.
4. The Transportation index is up considerably this year. AMR stock is benefiting from this.
5. Given that there are now so few choices in the airline sector, AMR is the best choice for many mutual funds that must hold some % of airline stocks.
6. Rewarding management for one year of performance gives them incentives to manage year to year ie not order new planes to artificially boost the balance sheet.

Agree - I'd said over a year ago that the metrics used for the plan (stock price only) are flawed, and that the plan should have used things entirely within AMR's control i.e. operational or financial performance.

Agree - I'd said over a year ago that the metrics used for the plan (stock price only) are flawed, and that the plan should have used things entirely within AMR's control i.e. operational or financial performance.

I don't know about that!

I think it is a great idea to drain the cash, threaten bankruptcy, drive stock to record lows, then create a bonus plan that pays off the increase in stock price.

Of course, the employee morale and that explosion that could happen, may well backfire and cause a bankruptcy filing anyway.

But given that management seems to get bonuses in bankruptcy and workers get the shaft, what do the executives really have to fear? They get theirs either way!

What makes the plan even better, is that the TWU leadership keeps licking the management boot regardless of the membership shafting.

I wonder now how many stock options the TWU leaders have received and at what strike price? What is the largest amount of stock options that can be awarded without specific SEC filing showing the award? We all know the big boys have to report, but about the sell out small fryes?

I wonder when you stopped beating your wife.

That's exactly the type of accusation you've made - that the TWU leaders somehow were granted stock options over and above what each AA employee member received.

I seriously doubt they'd have granted options to the heads of any unions without disclosing it as well, but if you still have your shares, why not ask that question of Investor Relations? As a shareholder, they're obligated to respond to any legitimate shareholder concerns.

I would also add that if you're going to give Arpey $7 million in bonus, wouldn't it make more sense to just give him a couple million in salary and forget the bonus so everyone doesn't have to go through this bonus announcement every year?

Not directly on point, but an actual question:

Does anyone have any numbers for an AMR position in SABRE Holdings.

The Street apparently believes they are in play and it would be interesting if any of the principals at AA have positions in TSG.

Yahoo

MarketWatch

No Black Helicoper Stuff, just interested in the impact on the cash balance of AMR as related to the parties interested in taking SABRE private that are also the usual suspects in bailing out airlines and/or financing aquisitions through secondary transactions resulting in same.

If Principals at AMR also hold generous positions in SABRE it would be a benny but not conclusive proof.

I could be wrong, but I don't think AMR has a position in SABRE, I believe it was sold off several years ago.

Back